Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a Motorola V300 camera phone

Options
  • 18-12-2004 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Ok, everyone has their own experience but I ahd one of these on Meteor early part of the year, great little phone, good camera with zoom and nice features and pretty ease to use (except texting - little awkward!) BUT it kept on freezing after about 6 weeks, took it back, gave me new one and the speaker was broken on it, gave me 3rd one - got it home, it wouldnt switch on, gave me 4th one - cant even remember what was wrong with it now, 5th one I got I sold to somebody else as never even used it!!

Maybe I was very very unlucky but girl in shop said they did get a lot of returns on it, having said that know someone with the V525 and they have never had a days hassle with it!

I changed to a sony erricsson Z600 which I really like, my heart is with the Sony Erricsson now - anyone I've come across (sure people can contradict me now!) have said they are very reliable and good features on them - would go for the T630 personally out of the 2 phones you are looking at!

Sorry to anyone that loves the V300, I'm sure they are good just from my experience would question the reliability thats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

As I remember the battery wasnt fantastic but then again it isnt great on my Z600 TBH. I actually really liked the setup of the V300 and as I said the camera was excellent - best I actually came across so far for phone in that price range and having said that the V300 was only out a couple of months when I got it so glitches I found could be fine now - i'd just be ware of it though as to me SE have a better reputation for reliablity and am very happy with my phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i think the motorola v300 is a great phone the camera is very good and once you get used to the txting its very quick and very stylish phone

the only reason why i want to sell my v300 is i got my self a sharp GX30

but other wise v300 best phone i had for ages

pm sent

Solitaryman666

• Advertisement

I had a V300 for a few months. My only real complaint with the phone is that it cannot be set to vibrate and ring simultaneously (yes some people have probably heard me say this countless times). Otherwise it was cool, I liked it. The battery life on all the Motorola phones seems to be four days at a stretch.
    I gave the V300 to my sister after getting hold of a V600, but it didn't last long :(. Have a V550 now but trying to get it unlocked - Vodafone want €127 even though I heard someone in Scotland say that he got his released from voda UK for 20 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I was gonna get one on Meteor but was recommended the Sagem MyC5-2 instead. Same size screen, same quality camera, but a lot easier to use and smaller too. And about €40 cheaper. I know it's out on Meteor and Vodafone but not sure about O2

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

I have a V300 for about 8 months now on O2. I think its a very nice little phone. The outer case has a nice 'soft-touch' feel. IMHO the camera and display are excellent, but the battery does drain rather quickly if you are playing games on it a lot :)

The only real problem I've had with mine is with the charger - the phone doesn't always start charging straight away and I have to detach and re-attach the charger a few times before it starts charging. Keep meaning to bring it back to an O2 store to get it checked, but I've never gotten round to it...

Other things to be aware :
    - There's no way to get pics off the phone unless you buy a USB cable, or email them to yourself (which costs money)
    - The manual is rubbish. There's lots of menu options that aren't even referred to in the manual.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Nearly everything has been covered above, so I'll be quick. I have a v300 and its a great phone IMHO. Don't mind what people tell you about texting, once you get used to iTap, you wont want to go back to t9.

Doesnt vibe and ring at the same time. - personally i prefer it this way.
    you will need a data cable, but they are about €10 from ebay.

On the downside I think one of my pixels is slowly dying, but its still in warranty, so Im not too worried at the moment.

Also worth consideration is the SE t630, which is cheaper and has bluetooth. Only downside is the camera is a lower resolution (CIF vs VGA), but who really looks at the pics anywhere other than on the phones screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42402&item=6351344207&rd=1

This should be fine, but be careful that you dont get one with a bulge along the cable, as they dont function properly.

disclaimer - be careful buying off ebay and changing anything using the cable you may get. I'm not responsible. http://www.howardforums.com is a great resource, just remember to search first or they will have your head.

Advertisement