Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a Sony Ericsson T630 camera phone....help!!!

Options
  • 18-12-2004 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 santo

I've had one for a few weeks now and find it very good. It has pretty much everything you'd need - bluetooth, camera, GPRS, Java Games etc.
    I got mine here: www.phonesonline.ie, which was the cheapest place I've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I bought the T610, the little brother. Very good phone. Excellent battery life, good quality pics good rintones and the like.
    The screen goes of after about 30 seconds if not used and the phone looks like it off and i had problems with the hearing people sometimes. Had to get it fixed twice because of a dodgy earpiece. But the T630 is a newer model so probably ironed out all this.

Would recommend the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

I can't think of any reason not to buy the T630 at that price, is it €120 online ?

Plus you get €60 credit............. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

santo wrote:
    I've had one for a few weeks now and find it very good. It has pretty much everything you'd need - bluetooth, camera, GPRS, Java Games etc.
    I got mine here: www.phonesonline.ie, which was the cheapest place I've seen them.

There site seems to be down or at least some of the site. Doesnt seem to go anywhere when you click mobile phones! Do you know of any other good sites in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

You can used google's cached pages to view the website....Heres the T630

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

fletch wrote:
    You can used google's cached pages to view the website....Heres the T630
    how did you do that!? I was looking for the Sony Ericcson k500i what would I have to type in?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

I got the T630 few days ago. I normally stick with nokia's but the T630 was recommended by a friend.
    The camera quality isnt great. The buttons can be awkward for some people but saying all that its a great phone, it has everything, looks good and has a very resonable price. I think its looks nicer in black.
    Heres some more opinions on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

V300 looks a little chunky to me.

I bought the T610 ages ago,its really good but the battery was a bit crap (and its really really crap by now: a day and a half lifetime by now).

I also had to send it off for repair a few times because of a problem with one of the speakers (ringtones worked,but not voice).

The new T630 is pretty cool, the battery seems better,the screen is nicer and some changes have been made to the camera so it takes better pictures.

So I'd recommend it.

I'm waiting till after xmas for prices to drop so I can upgrade my T610, the feckin joystick on it is knackered and I can barely use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

What about the Motorola V220? They have pretty much all the features of the V300 but look better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

gibson wrote:
    how did you do that!? I was looking for the Sony Ericcson k500i what would I have to type in?
    Here ya go.....jus type a search into google n then click Cached....
    untitled1cp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Ok I thinking of buying of these phones, I currently use a Nokia 6310i and really love all its features, I have a blue tooth car kit so this will work fine with it,

I just wondering is there any reason I should stay away from these phones, or sould I just stay with what a know NOKIA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

yeah Im on Vodafone, adn will need to use it on Vodafone again for work, Is it possible to get these unlocked? I know with the Nokias its no problem but never did much looking into unlocking Sony's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I have a sony erricsson that I love (not a t630) but 2 of my nephews got one for xmas - only gripe with it is that buttons are pretty small on the joypad feature. Camera looks great as does the screensavers etc BUT it wont go the normal vodafone live features (maybe no bad thing!)

I went from Nokia to a sony ericcsson Z600 and am very happy compared to nokia and loads of features on that fone for the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

my best selling fone no doubt
    but a warning to ogars or people that have big hands
    it is a very small phone.
    but it is very good to keep a charge.

more than most nokias and motos with cameras

and the infa and bluetoth on board is sweet .

i say a good choice mate

Advertisement