Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DNS settings in set up of router.

• 18-12-2004 1:25pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I notice on the Eircom BB support page that they provide the Primary and Secondary DNS settings. Does it make any difference to performance whether you put them in or allow for the automatic process? Friend of mine who is with Eircom has just bought a wireless router and was wondering if he should put them in or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I think the DNS server addresses will be sent to the router when it first connects, so it will make no difference in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Theyre already in the router. Comes as default

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Theyre already in the router. Comes as default

Not if you are setting up a new router which is the point of my question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had to put them in mine to get it to work (Linksys) + the PPPoE settings cos the set up disc with the router failed completely to recognise Eircoms settings.It came vey close to a swift belt with a large hammer !!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement