Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotr: Bfme..demo

Options
  • 18-12-2004 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend of mine is thinking of buying "Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth™" game which has just came out! I was just wondering if anyone would know where I could obtain a Demo of it so he can try it out before getting it.

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like the fact that you used the little 'trademark' symbol. Classy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

lol, anyone got an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty sure theres no official demo out yet Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

do you know how long it could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Well there has been no mention of one, so I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. However if he is itnerested in it, go for it. From what I have seen the campaign is great fun (on helms deep atm, class mission I must say), and the skirmish isnt bad either, however it is REALLY badly effected by an overly resrictive population cap, isenguard in particular suffers from this, however you can edit the population caps manually, the guy here who done the third post has an excellent step by step way of doing it, the link is here . I put mine up 10 fold (just added a 0 to each of them) and it seems to have worked out very very nicely, me and my brother had a 1v1 and we just sat back and built up our full armies, in the end must have been a good 600 troops per side, I was gondor he was Mordor, including 30 odd cave trolls and a good few manakills too, was truely a sight to behold.

Once you have the population caps up though, does seem to be a very good game, and runs well too considering the amount of units you end up with, even with over 1000 troops scrapping it out my 1.6ghz athlon held out well, and gave me a playable frame rate even in the hardiest parts of the fighting, where there were a good 300+ men on screen scrapping it out. Havent tried it on-line properly yet, and dont really intend to because the default population really hinders the game, as Isenguard you can only have 15 or so battalions of Uruk Hai, and thats only 12 troops per squad, and you pair up 1 squad of troops with 1 squad of crossbows, and with your FULL cap you have 7 squads, pretty pathetic IMO, give yourself 70 of said squad however, and you have a REAL army :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement