Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inghams screwing us over!!

• 18-12-2004 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭

Inghams screwing us over!

Three months ago I paid in full for a week’s skiing holiday to Livigno, for third week of January (seven nights and six days, more than 1000 euros per person!).

Last week there’s this letter from them saying they have now changed the outgoing flight from 7am in the morning to 2pm in the afternoon, and have also introduced a stop-over at Manchester. This is effectively taking a day out of the initial plan, and of course if I ring them up they would ask me to read the fine-print (that they reserve the right to change the schedules etc). But this change means that we will reach there very late Saturday night (5 hours by road from airport to Livigno) instead of Saturday afternoon, and almost no rest before going out on slopes on Sunday morning – not how we planned to spend our hard earned euros!!

Cancelling the holiday is not an option as Inghams will return almost nothing, but I am thinking if there is an agency or authority of some sort that I can talk to, as we are getting a lot less value for our money?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Small claims court according to oasis.gov.ie

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/consumer_affairs/package_holidays.html

Sounds like Inghams are covered though. They would say that you paid for a seven night/six day skiing holiday and that's what you're getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the link and the comment!

From oasis.gov.ie
    Cancellation of the holiday by the organiser or operator

If the organiser or operator cancels the holiday or alters a term of the contract, including the price or type of accommodation, the consumer must be given the option of one of the following:

* A replacement holiday of equivalent or superior quality
    * A lower grade holiday, with a reimbursement of the difference in price
    * A full refund

Technically speaking, changing the flight schedules has an impact on the quality of the holidays, and also we are not getting all of the seven nights! Just found out that they have done this to a good few (including a couple of my friends), and everyone is very annoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

How are you not getting all of the seven nights now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

With the latest schedule, we wouldn't be there until late Saturday night (early Sunday morning), and we will have to leave by Friday night, as the return flight is early Saturday morning. That’s 5 nights and a few hours first night and a few hours last night.

That’s the technicality, but its the inconvenience of it all gets to me! I am just curious if anyone else is in similar situation, that’s all!

Advertisement