Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mySQL, Apache 2, PHP 5 Problems

Options
  • 18-12-2004 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Lo Folks,

Im building a cms in PHP for my final year project in college, I was using PHP4 but decided to upgrade PHP4 to 5 and while i was at it MySQL and Apache to the latest versions.

Being that its been a few years since i installed Apache, PHP and mySQL i used a little tool called PHPDev. I removed that tool quite quickly (dont ask). After much fun with that and several re-installs of the PHP, MYSQL and Apache the server was eventually stable and acknowledging PHP's right to exist.

the usual test file came up grand, showed me all of PHP's innards, very nice.

Problem: I decided to install a test script, this being PHP BB 2. Read the install file the whole lot. Inserted all the info it needed, username, database etc etc clicked Start Install and bang the page refreshes and driops all information. In other words it doesnt and wont install anything. I've double checked php.ini and httpd.conf for the most obvious problems but this hasnt resolved itself.

has this happened to anybody else? how did you fix it? any ideas? doing my brain in at this point

cheers

Advertisement