Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Webspace Issues

Options
  • 18-12-2004 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I know we get the webspace for free, but it's a little worrying when I link to an image and instead of the image loading, you're given a screen like below, where your password for boards is visable....

Can it be fixed? Also there are issues deleting, and uploading stuff.

John

Boards%20Nackered.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

/oscarBravo starts vigorously rubbing his screen to try to get the black stuff off Lump's password...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I changed it since then anyway.... just incase ;)

John

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mm-hmm.

rub, rub, rub...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'd love to know how you managed to try to link to an image and ended up with your password in the URL (I know it shouldn't appear in the querystring at all, but even so).

If you have problems with deleting files, can you supply examples to help us track down what might be causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Imade another thread on this board... I've managed todelete all my files from the webspace so I can't show you an example. When I get onto my main computer, I'll try simulate the problem and put it up.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

ecksor wrote:
    I'd love to know how you managed to try to link to an image and ended up with your password in the URL (I know it shouldn't appear in the querystring at all, but even so).

If you have problems with deleting files, can you supply examples to help us track down what might be causing it?

I know, I know!

The server only seems tolerates a request every 10 to 20 seconds.

I tried to delete a number of items serially from an account in quick sucession.
    It resulted in a screen not unlike Lumps (with password and username in plaintext in the URI).

Trick was to delete one, wait 10 seconds and go again.

IZ

Advertisement