Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motornet.ie forums

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dahamsta wrote:
    In my experience self-policing can often be more effective than moderation on forums like these.
    MojoMaker wrote:
    It was rubbished by every single member that replied to the troll's post.

This is it. Self-policing is generally working well on motornet. I was openly against trebling the number of mods on motors and at the same time tightening enforcement of the rules

Some of the slagging on motornet is hilarious imo. Do a search for the cars Paul has owned recently and his deliberations about buying another car. Anyone read (parts of) the thread about this well-known Irish DJ that bought a new A3 diesel for €44k and expected it to have little or no depreciation? What about megatroll 3cups?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

unkel wrote:
    This is it. Self-policing is generally working well on motornet.
    Responding to a troll is "working"?
    Some of the slagging on motornet is hilarious imo.
    No. It's not.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

When I was looking into buying a newer car a few months back, I started reading more car forums. I tried reading Motornet.ie, and did for a few weeks, but I found it very hard to get into. Mostly because of all the snide remarks from users to eachother, all the bickering,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

unkel wrote:
    I was openly against trebling the number of mods on motors and at the same time tightening enforcement of the rules

I'm waiting in the long grass unkle! :D (and if I dont get you Borzoi or Neil will!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    I'm waiting in the long grass unkle! :D

:D LOL

Mike, you know how I feel about you as a contributor to this forum :)

Next time you bloody misspell my nick you'll be banned though :mad: :D :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

BrianD3 wrote:
    When I see a forum called motornet.IE I would assume that the posters would be experts on matters relating to Irish motoring.

You haven't quite grasped this internet thing yet have you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

FWIW, I've been a regular on Motornet for over 5 years now (God is it that long?). In that time, I've never been made to feel unwelcome - people have disagreed with me but that's fine by me. Some people there bug me, some infuriate me but that's the beauty of the "Ignore" button. But there is a small gene pool there, for want of a better description. Sometimes you need a bigger group of people to promote more healthy, varied and interesting discussions.

BTW, to anyone who hasn't been to Motornet, take unkel's advice and check out Paul's work: "I want to buy a classic sportscar, maybe a Porsche, which I can run at the weekends for little or no money in addition to my Fiesta and Primera. So I buy an 80's 7-seat Merc as a daily runner"! Or "I want a 20" LCD with wireless connection to DVD and cable, mounted on wall, with curtains to hide it when not in use - so I buy a 14" portable and bung it on a stand". They're works of art, nobody should be without them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lol, I can second that! He's a funny, if confused, chappie. Motornet is much smaller than Boards but it's a lot bigger than the Boardsie/Motors forum. Most contributors here focus, understandably enough, on first car purchases and what one might call newbie questions (obviously some exceptions) - as a motoring board though MN has a very good tech section who dish out good quality answers on a regular basis. There's only 2 or 3 American-based contributors and they're easy to spot. In fact the best technical advisor on the board is californian-based, but other than that most are irish with some UK residents contributing. Average age would of course be a lot higher than here. All in all not a bad resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Motornet is a bit like school car park at 9 am, unless you have beeemer 12 series, mercWTFK500 or 07 D 4X4 :D

Advertisement