Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash in a Galaxy far far away.

Options
  • 18-12-2004 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

This might be of only marginal interest to most of you but I found this so bizarre that it just had to be shared. Ashes song Clones is going to be used as the main theme in a forthcoming video game, noting to odd about that you might say. Well you might say that until I tell you its going to me used as the main theme in the forthcoming STAR WARS game Star Wars Republic Commando!

Truly the mind boggles.

Future proof if it where needed that Lucas has gone nuts.

Don’t get me wrong Ash good band, Clones good song, Ash in Star Wars, bad idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i don't see anything wrong with that... maybe apart from the droves of geeky star wars freaks that'll be listening to ash cos they were on a video game... but hey, ya can't really choose who's gonna like your music can ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

i don't see anything wrong with that... maybe apart from the droves of geeky star wars freaks that'll be listening to ash cos they were on a video game... but hey, ya can't really choose who's gonna like your music can ya...

Actually this might turn out very well for them. Apparently the inclusion of the song in the game has acted as the catalyst for Meltdown finaly getting a US release date.

But still I find it disquieting, its like a women breast feeding a 5-year-old or Brian McFadden wearing a Kurt Kobain T-shirt there something not quite right about it.

Eh, perhaps it’s just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

sure ash are meant to be huge star wars fans and all too.

Going over to Lucas ranch got huge publicity ( hmmm it just happened to be before thye released clones... I wonder if thats some clever marketing... :rolleyes: ) being covered by a few magazines and such. Sure they even use to tie fighter 'screech' for the start of lose control.

Ah fair play to them, I just heard franz ferdinand, the von bondies, the ramones and the futureheads on this new game "burnout 3", so i'm not surprised :)

A good thing if you ask me.

Advertisement