Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spares for VW Golf Mk5 - Source?

Options
  • 18-12-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I bought one of the new VW Golfs earlier this year and the rear window wiper is getting a bit worn. Can anybody suggest a source for reasonably-priced spares? The local dealers take the concept of rip-off to a new level so I'm wondering is there a cheaper source. It's not so much the actual price of the wiper...just the damn principle of getting screwed by the dealer!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

you can get wiper blades in any motor factors for €10 - €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

jwb1 wrote:
    I bought one of the new VW Golfs earlier this year and the rear window wiper is getting a bit worn. Can anybody suggest a source for reasonably-priced spares? The local dealers take the concept of rip-off to a new level so I'm wondering is there a cheaper source. It's not so much the actual price of the wiper...just the damn principle of getting screwed by the dealer!

Thanks!

I would never buy a wiper from a car dealer (lol you'd be mad to)...

Go to a Sunday market and pick one up for under €15 easy...

Just make sure of the size... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Or even cheaper just get a pack of blade refills (just the rubber bits) and cut them to the correct length.

Advertisement