Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstall SP2

• 18-12-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Is it possible to uninstall SP2 from a slipstreamed XP +SP2 install?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

nope, don't think so.

I had a slip streamed one with a beta sp2. Didn't pose a problem in itself till I tried to install directx 9.0c from 9.0b. So either you can format and reinstall from the orginal winxp disk, or install new SP2 over it, there a warning against this but haven't had any trouble...yet http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversion/index.php/t47736.html. Made a few assumptions there about why you want to install it but, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

It's retail SP2 - main problems are compatability issues with games :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You dont need to format.. just do a repair with older XP disk and it will set it to then and you keep your info.. not 100%, windows will be windows but should work fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ave wrote:

Retail SP2? I have SP2 and I have no problems with it and the games i play, make sure that your games can go through the firewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ave wrote:
    If she's slipstreamed you can't uninstall. What compatability issues have you got?

• Advertisement
Advertisement