Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Crystal Palace (scores)

• 18-12-2004 5:20pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well hopefully this wont turn out to be another draw. With Chelsea strolling against Norwich, we can’t afford another slip up. Hopefully what we are reading on today’s tabloids will not harm the team's performance on the pitch.

We all acknowledge that Ronoldo tries his best, but he needs to become more of a team player. Alan Smith (whom by the way, I think should be in the team every week) and Ronaldo allegedly had a bust up after the Fulham game on Monday night. Smithy felt that Ronaldo is becoming too selfish on the pitch and rumour has it he is not the only player to feel like this. Sir Alex has acted quickly on this matter and has ordered Ronaldo to take a two-week holiday and go home.

Let hope we can stamp our authority on our title challenge with a comprehensive win over Place today. And then the players can go out and enjoy their Christmas Party, which just happens to be happening tonight.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Here is the team:

Carroll, G Neville, Rio, Silvestre, Fortune, Fletcher, Keano, Scholes, Giggs, Smith, Rooney

Bench:
    Howard, Bellion, Miller, P Neville, O'Shea.

rooney has just missed a pen

Scholes has just made it 1-0 after 22 mins

After 26 mins palace equalise through granville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

1-1 Granville

Will his 50th ever come. Come on Keano. Another long range shot well saved.

Smith 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeayyeaheaheaheahhea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

is the match on tv or what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Rooney is the most over rated player in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

bmarley wrote:
    is the match on tv or what??

Its on Prem Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

3-2 but united are not in the same league as Chelsea. (Man U fan)

• Advertisement

Jesus, what a goal from Crystal Palace, perfectly worked.
    God, talk about needing Heinze

Scholes just got another
    4-2 :D

3 goals in the first 4 mins of the second half 4 2 to United

Heinze is an absoltuely amazing player, I thought he was good but after today I never noticed.

All 3 main attempts on goal today were because of a fault by the left back.

The corner goal should have been cleared by Fortune but he didn't get to it.
    The second goal happened cause of O'Shea being beaten.
    The strike saved by Carroll happened cause O'Shea in the wrong position.

All of palace's attacks today went down the left cause of this.

p.s.
    Scholesy :D
    p.p.s
    Giggesy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

5-2

O'Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So how did Utd play? I missed all highlights and game...

cheesedude wrote:
    So how did Utd play? I missed all highlights and game...

Attacking wise we were excellent. Giggs had a particulaly good game, Smith and Scholes were good . Rooney had a quite game but was still good in patches.

The defence was poor with O Shea playing instead of Heinze, as has already been said both Palaces goals came from attacks on Uniteds left back position. I though Gary Neville could have done more wihe the cross came in to prevent the second goal.

I can't complain about a 5 2 win but against better opposition yesterday I feel Utd would have conceded more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Didnt Fortune start at left back? With O'Shea only coming on in the second half after the two goals were conceeded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Didnt Fortune start at left back? With O'Shea only coming on in the second half after the two goals were conceeded?
    Fortune went off injured in the first half, abou a half an hour in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

eirebhoy wrote:
    Fortune went off injured in the first half, abou a half an hour in.
    My mistake, O'Shea you donkey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That was the first thing I said to myself when I heard that news. "How the hell did Palace get two goals against us?"...it was a worry definitely.

• Advertisement

My mistake, O'Shea you donkey :D

Lay of poor John. He has not played a great deal lately and his confidence has suffered because of that. If he survives the transfer window in Jan, it will be a massisve weight lifted from his shoulders.

And also he is a fellow waterford man so I have to back him up.

Leonard wrote:
    Lay of poor John. He has not played a great deal lately and his confidence has suffered because of that. If he survives the transfer window in Jan, it will be a massisve weight lifted from his shoulders.

And also he is a fellow waterford man so I have to back him up.

Fegie said recently that he was very impressed with O sheas performances in training. That was not evident yesterday , I think he is talking him up in the hope of getting a decent bid for him in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I thought we played well!......allthough twice though when they equalised i was worried!
    Anyways, Giggs plazyed well and Smith too!Scholes had a great game aswell!I didnt think Rooney was that bad but he should have done a lot better with the penalty!It was very poorly taken!
    Attack wise we are a much improved team to be honest!I watched the chelsea game earlier on and have to say we looked better and more fluent than them in attack so ya never know!We have improved alot anyways!

Overall, i am happy with the result bar the fact we cant be giving away that many goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Rooney was muck (again). Wouldn't worry about the two goals conceeded they did it at Anfield too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Won't worry about conceding 2 if we win 5-2 each week. Giigs was on fire in the 2nd half - best I have seen him playing in a long time. Interesting to see the formation when Ronaldo is back. Heinze proved by not playing how good he is. Defo the bargain of the season. Rooney looks like he needs a rest - bit lethargic at times. Keano was brillaint very unlucky not to score. Scholes form at the moment is the equivalent to sigining a new player-he looks much more at home in this formation. He can get forward knowing that there is always at least Keane behind him and sometime Fletcher. I think it actually a 4-2-3-1 formation and not the 4-3-3 most people think it.

Advertisement