Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behind closed doors...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

@rchives wrote:
    This one time, at Ban Camp...

:D

I move that the Admins rename the Prison forum to Ban Camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sarky wrote:

I move that the Admins rename the Prison forum to Ban Camp!

I agree.... I don't know why, I just do.

John

(I may be heading to ban camp soon ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

free Lump!

Hee hee me too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Lump wrote:
    (I may be heading to ban camp soon ;))

better stock up on cigs and a mouth organ now then
    just in case.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Beruthiel wrote:
    better stock up on cigs and a mouth organ now then
    just in case.... ;)
    My understanding is that mouth organs are supplied ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Did any of you hear about the big red sports cars syndrome?

Well I think it applys to some mods, not all, but a small minority

TIPPTOP,
    You really need to get over these issues you have with mods. It's a behind the scenes forum where the mods make sure there's communication between eachother so everything goes smoothly. Why on earth would you need access to it? Just more for you to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Its for us to report and explain why we've banned somebody too so questions can be raised by other mods and the admins, and if neccessary a banning will be reversed. Why do you have such a problem with the moderators having their own forum TIPPTOP?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If read access to the mod board was given to users, we'd see a massive surge in "OMG WTF ARE TEHY SAYNIG ABOUT ME??!" posts on the Feedback board, with users complaining about what a mod is saying about them.

I reckon we'd also see an increase in abusive PMs to mods, which frankly, I'm not interested in.

Everyone has quite happily seen that we don't do much except report that X person has been banned, say "Keep an eye on this spammer", and from time to time some spammy stupid conversation. It's a place where we can safely say "OMG this guy's a ****ing MUPPET" to get it off our chest, much like any other private board or PMs.

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote:
    My understanding is that mouth organs are supplied ;)

:eek: :eek:
    the only thing I had in mind was the one which plays music!

you disgust me hobart

signed
    anna the innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Beruthiel wrote:
    :eek: :eek:
    the only thing I had in mind was the one which plays music!

you disgust me hobart

signed
    anna the innocent
    I can sing, if you like. Or whistle!! I'll get my coat. The long beige Trench one..................

koneko wrote:
    TIPPTOP,
    You really need to get over these issues you have with mods. It's a behind the scenes forum where the mods make sure there's communication between eachother so everything goes smoothly. Why on earth would you need access to it? Just more for you to complain about.

Agreed Koneko.
    On another note I think Tipptop is upset on this thread cause the copy of the mod board doesn't go back far enough for the thread discussing his permanent ICDG ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Or far enough to cover our monthy 'Extreme Cruelty to Cute Puppies' award and the 'We're actually Al Queda' threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

seamus wrote:
    .......users complaining about what a mod is saying about them.......It's a place where we can safely say "OMG this guy's a ****ing MUPPET" to get it off our chest, much like any other private board or PMs.

Sounds to me that this is why the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection act were passed, to enable someone to see what is being written/held about them, and to have it changed if it is incorrect....
    Just my .02c

Evil Phil wrote:
    Or far enough to cover our monthy 'Extreme Cruelty to Cute Puppies' award and the 'We're actually Al Queda' threads.

You're not supposed to be telling people about those... Can of worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Is1ldur wrote:
    Sounds to me that this is why the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection act were passed, to enable someone to see what is being written/held about them, and to have it changed if it is incorrect....
    Just my .02c

I Is1ldur wish to have information released for the purpose....
    who is this person? do they exist? does the law apply to an avatar?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is1ldur wrote:
    Just my .02c
    You have half of the information there. FOI doesn't oblige boards to make everything about everyone world-readable. You, however, are fully allowed to request all information held about you to be released to you, and you can submit anything incorrect for correction if you like. Subject to an administration fee for boards.ie of course. I'm sure the admins would be happy to oblige.

Opinion about you however, wouldn't fall under the "incorrect information" category though, unless it qualified as slander.

Is1ldur wrote:
    Just my .02c

LOL

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In all fairness, if Mods are going to all rush up to offer their own personal interpretation of what the Mod forum is for then we'll never get to the bottom of anything and a bazillion silly rows and arguments will start up. Just let people think what they like, because they will anyway, and let's not start offering theories that make it sound like more than it is.

Incidentally, I don't believe we're exposed to data protection issues, mainly because I've vetoed every suggestion for keeping track of users that would bring such issues into play. If anyone (who actually knows what they're talking about I mean, not someone who used a computer once and has heard of the DPA) thinks differently than I'd like to hear the reasoning.

Cheers.

Thread locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement