Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dire Situation!

Options
  • 18-12-2004 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

I have an Irish test monday and, Idiot that I am, have left my book in school. Unfortunatly, I'm in 5th year, and so am doing the damned new course, with entirely different set pieces, so my brothers Irish books from last year are useless

So, basically, I need the text of the poems and prose pieces. Anyone got a new book and a scanner, and a strong desire to help out someone in need?

I need the following Poems:

Gealt (Áine Ní Ghlinn)
    Níl Aon Ní (Cathal Ó Searcaigh)
    Jack (Máire Mhac an tSaoi)
    Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa (Máirtín Ó Díreáin)
    Oíche Nollaig na mBan (Seán Ó Ríordáin)
    Dán do Mhelissa (Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill)
    An Chéad Dráma (Johnny Chóil Mhaidhc Ó Coisdealbha)

And the follwing prose pieces:

An Cearrbhach Mac Cába (Scéal béaloidis)
    Coileach Ghleann Phádraig (Biddy Jenkinson)
    Slioct as Fiche Bliain ag Fás (Muiris Ó Súilleabháin)
    Clare sa Spéir(TG4)

I can more or less remember the prose pieces, but on the poem front, I have more poblems. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Hi, sorry only saw your meassage now! Hope it was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, I managed in the end. Was only due in for exams at 11, So i skipped my lie in and studied for 2 hours

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Any chance someone could post up Áine Ní Ghlinn's poem?

I haven't read the new sylabus, what with not doin' the leaving this year. Anyhoo, I'd love to read it, cuz she's my lecterur now. Which is weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll stick it up once I get back after the holidays, tis in my locker. Assuming no one else has

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Thanks. :)

Go néirí leat san Ard Teist! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement