Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oh I wish I had my camera!

Options
  • 18-12-2004 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK so today im pulling up to go to the shop when I see a car that was clamped.
    He had left it parked next to a Taxi stop, but about 9" of the car was parked in the 'Taxi area', so he'd have no fight with the clampers, he'd have to pay the release fee.

I come back a few minutes later to see that he had gotten his friends teleporter, LIFTED the car :eek: and moved it just off the white taxi line.
    "This is the best ive ever seen" I think, but then I remember that clampers take pictures. So he rings the clampers and asks that they come remove the clamp. When they arrive he absolutily freaks at the clampers stating that the car was not illegally parked.

"We're sorry sir, we'll be having a word with the person that clamped you" they said, before removing the clamp without him having to pay the fine.

Moral to the story... Always carry your f*cking camera with you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

JohnCleary wrote:
    He had left it parked next to a Taxi stop, but about 9" of the car was parked in the 'Taxi area', so he'd have no fight with the clampers, he'd have to pay the release fee.

I come back a few minutes later to see that he had gotten his friends teleporter, LIFTED the car :eek: and moved it just off the white taxi line.
    "This is the best ive ever seen" I think, but then I remember that clampers take pictures. So he rings the clampers and asks that they come remove the clamp. When they arrive he absolutily freaks at the clampers stating that the car was not illegally parked.

"We're sorry sir, we'll be having a word with the person that clamped you" they said, before removing the clamp without him having to pay the fine.

LOL... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

/me wonders if the clampers also took pictures.

/me wonders if the guy will go on the "bad" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 here goes

brilliant!
    i heard ruby wax going on about clampers and she says that, given that most men don't want to know about female problems and all "that stuff", what she does if she arrives back to her car and finds clampers about to do their stuff, she crosses her legs and bends forwards almost crying, and yells out: OH PLEASE! DON'T DO THAT - I'VE JUST HAD A BLT AND NEED TO GET HOME!

JohnCleary wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

here goes wrote:
    brilliant!
    i heard ruby wax going on about clampers and she says that, given that most men don't want to know about female problems and all "that stuff", what she does if she arrives back to her car and finds clampers about to do their stuff, she crosses her legs and bends forwards almost crying, and yells out: OH PLEASE! DON'T DO THAT - I'VE JUST HAD A BLT AND NEED TO GET HOME!

I dont get it.. :p

Victor wrote:
    /me wonders if the clampers also took pictures.

/me wonders if the guy will go on the "bad" list.

Who cares, he didnt have to pay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

he had gotten his friends teleporter

Is he mates with Captain Kirk and Spock?

or was it just a telehandler?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

For the record I have not seen the clampers (in the last year or so) do their work without taking some pohotos of the car before and after!

kbannon wrote:
    For the record I have not seen the clampers (in the last year or so) do their work without taking some pohotos of the car before and after!

Nor have I... the lucky bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

• Advertisement

Nah he rang him up and got him to get it from the site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Does he realise the damage he did to a taximan's livelihood by going 9 inches into his special area???

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

My hero is still the guy out of Coyote Ugly with his fake clamp trick.

Does he realise the damage he did to a taximan's livelihood by going 9 inches into his special area???

Aparantly it was very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jaeger wrote:
    My hero is still the guy out of Coyote Ugly with his fake clamp trick.

What? As in putting a fake clamp on a car to fool the clampers????? Sounds like a great idea except I'm sure clampers in a given area are aware of what cars they have clamped...

Hmmmmm... keep saying clamp repeatedly.... It's one of those words that sounds daft after u say it alot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

i know of a guy that does that in the South burbs of Dublin. He has a clamp with the excat same markings as the clampers. It has worked wonders for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JohnCleary wrote:
    I dont get it.. :p
    Luckily, neither do I. I presume its a womans problem :rolleyes: :p
    Bond-007 wrote:
    i know of a guy that does that in the South burbs of Dublin. He has a clamp with the excat same markings as the clampers. It has worked wonders for him!
    I wonder would they tow it, or lift it onto their truck, if they ever copped on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

saw a gut off georges st. trying to remove a clamp witha lump hammer and gorilla bar, never waited to see how he got on but doubt hte got too far.

fair dues to yer man for moving the car, nice thinking

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wonder how much it might cost him to repair his exhaust or whatever damage was done whilst lifting his car with a teleporter?

kbannon wrote:
    I wonder how much it might cost him to repair his exhaust or whatever damage was done whilst lifting his car with a teleporter?

None obviously, otherwise he wouldnt have invested in the idea. On his particular car (And mine also after inspection) the 2 rails that grab your boot jack are below any other metals, except the Cat which is in the middle of the car and was not touched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

I have my own clamp... :cool: :D

Found it in Dunnes on the Headford Road one night....

I've never used it...cough*

TUTS wrote:
    I have my own clamp... :cool: :D

Found it in Dunnes on the Headford Road one night....

I've never used it...cough*

You mean it was just....left there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Yeah, i was walking back to the Menlo apartments during rag week last year in Galway. It was right opposite the entrance. Myself and 2 other lads put it on a friends 106 when we got back, didnt even rem doing it till about 4 the next day.... when he came in freaking about Sinead( caretaker and about who she new nothing about the clamp. ) aa ahahaha ha Class! .... its locked at the highest setting so it just slots on to the tyre. I dont think it would go on anything over 15" 16"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I wonder what size wheels these clamps cater for , I mean if yer " rollin on tweni fohs" are you unclampable. A lowered sled (hot rod) with recessed wheels could park anywhere it damn well pleased then!!!
    M2097.jpg

shagman wrote:
    I wonder what size wheels these clamps cater for , I mean if yer " rollin on tweni fohs" are you unclampable. A lowered sled (hot rod) with recessed wheels could park anywhere it damn well pleased then!!!
    M2097.jpg

You know, I was thinking the same myself, but knowing those 'lads' theyd prolly jizz on your car if they saw something that sexy. And worst of all, after they put 'it' away, theyd prolly just call ye' oul tow truck

JohnCleary wrote:
    You know, I was thinking the same myself, but knowing those 'lads' theyd prolly jizz on your car if they saw something that sexy. And worst of all, after they put 'it' away, theyd prolly just call ye' oul tow truck

...Unless ya own a telepoter... HA! Lets see those fc(kers tow *THAT* away! muwah!

Advertisement