Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Thread Still Alive?

Options
  • 18-12-2004 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Should it not be killed, the culprit found?

John
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Should it not be found, the culprit killed?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

neither posts makes sence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Theres no way to catch the culprit, who proably a mod posting under an alias. He is hardly gonna own to to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm fairly sure I know who it is actually.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Lump wrote:
    I'm fairly sure I know who it is actually.

John

oh pray tell.....i'm at work and very very bored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Can't wait for the next update on that thread... an interesting read anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

An IP check might reveal it, unless the cunning fox used a web-cafe or some such

Raphael wrote:
    An IP check might reveal it, unless the cunning fox used a web-cafe or some such

I would fully expect somebody who does this to use an internet cafe. They would be extremely silly to use their own ADSL (if they have one) connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

or.... or... or... maybe a proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nope the person that did this is a mod. I believe on last talking to ecksor it has been narrowed down to 3 people and thanks to the new source this person has given us some cross checks should confirm who they are and they will be dealt with.

After that what reparations that the admins decide to take elsewhere will be interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well Keu has posted the same link in this forum under banned in creative writing, so who got the link form who remains to be discussed.
    We are talking about the after hours thread by le resistance arn't we?

:)

and yes, why hasnt an AH mod taken the link down yet? there are enough of them in there now?

Obviously not Enough...So who do we think it is?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

DeV or Ecksor.
    on the same topic, I was given permission to view the same thread some months ago when the "crazy talk" thread was put up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

gandalf wrote:
    After that what reparations that the admins decide to take elsewhere will be interesting :D
    Republican Plots are grrrrrrrrrreat , high time Boards had a "Republican Plot" ....maybe even as an adjunct to the Politics Board . I'd mod it meself if ye asked nicely :)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's the end of the world as we know it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Muck wrote:
    Republican Plots
    sounds like someone might get interred there soon ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

why exactly is this in feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It's certainly feeding into the pain in my back, I can tell you that.

trust moriarty to make the most inane post of the thread - someone ressurect the boards awards so i can give you a medal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i want a medal :(

• Advertisement

you dont get a medal - you'd only have dirty dirty anti-christian anal sex with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm not the King of the World by accident, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

snapshot of the forum was taken today mad m dont think it has anything to do with that thread or any of its posters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

snapshot of the forum was taken today mad m dont think it has anything to do with that thread or any of its posters

thanks billy the squid for clearing that up...ill delete if i can now!(deleted)

It's in feedback, because I'm feeding back. WTF kind of a question was that?

John

Who are you talking to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would fully expect somebody who does this to use an internet cafe. They would be extremely silly to use their own ADSL (if they have one) connection.

Hardly.. you need a moderator login to view it. The mod in question looks like they didn't edit the files fully so they left numerous tell tale signs in the source code.

Might not of been the mod who posted it though. I suspect its related to the other incident.

TBH, trying to find out who it is, is 10000x more intresting then reading the mod forum.

Advertisement