Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 4 - bitterly disappointed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Ardent

To answer all the babywipes in here why dont any off you take me on then :mad: Off course i'm not the best but if you lot listen to a tosser like ardent slag off a great game then it is yeeh that are 6 yr olds.im ****ing good though

:D Brilliant!

But seriously though, how old are you? 12? I'm sure some of the other guys would like to know too. Who calls themself "THE ISS-MASTER" and uses words like "babywipes"?!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ISS master banned for 1 week no personal abuse etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ISS master you messed up this thread lets get back to the topic please

Ardent do you still think pro evo 4 is still bitterly disappointing

Snoopdog, I played it a bit more over Christmas but hardly at all since then.

Single player league: I decided to go back to 2 stars. What a difference. Whipping teams like it's nobodys business. The gulf in difficulty between 2 stars and 3 stars is ridiculous. 3 stars is very very hard for me! I read on here somewhere that 3 stars is almost as hard, if not harder, than 6 stars. I'd believe it!

Two-player: Taught the bruv the basic moves, how to do one-twos etc. He was crap for the first few games. Then he started really coming at me and before you know it, after a couple of hours, we were having ding dong battles - and he was only playing the game for the first time! The next few nights he was beating me as much as I was beating him.

I've since concluded that I'm just sh*t at the game. :D I promise to practice though!!! Might get back into it tonight after the 'Pool-Watford game...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ardent wrote:
    Snoopdog, I played it a bit more over Christmas but hardly at all since then.

Single player league: I decided to go back to 2 stars. What a difference. Whipping teams like it's nobodys business. The gulf in difficulty between 2 stars and 3 stars is ridiculous. 3 stars is very very hard for me! I read on here somewhere that 3 stars is almost as hard, if not harder, than 6 stars. I'd believe it!

Two-player: Taught the bruv the basic moves, how to do one-twos etc. He was crap for the first few games. Then he started really coming at me and before you know it, after a couple of hours, we were having ding dong battles - and he was only playing the game for the first time! The next few nights he was beating me as much as I was beating him.

I've since concluded that I'm just sh*t at the game. :D I promise to practice though!!! Might get back into it tonight after the 'Pool-Watford game...
    all you need to do mate is practise and practise once you win some matches buy cheap but good players like Ono and Nakata

trust me get Ono hes quite young but once he gets older hes a great player ull find those players iv told you about on a quick search in the Master league
    dont take any notice of ISS master hes a waste of space

i dont like people who put other people down just because they are bad at a certain game :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ardent wrote:
    we were having ding dong battles

someones been listening to that commentery a little too much .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well I was thinking about the possibilty but then I just said no its just in peoples heads , but the way some people play it could be much easier to beat 6 star teams . I normally played up until two days ago , but I played my first few games on 6 star , the first 3 I won 1-0 , with the team I was playing as a bit better than the other side , the I played as Turkey V Urkraine , changed some of the starting line up (as I usually do , if I feel other players stats are better suited to the way I play) and 5-0 , I absoulutly ripped them to pieces , I created chance after chance , and although 6 start is more competitive in midfield when im attacking I found 3 defenders would get attracted to the one forward , leaving me one good pass away from a one on one . I created plenty of those chances but also scored a 20 yard cracker and a diving header .

I have found the computers defence easy to unclock ever since , so is the game easier on 6 stars/have I just gotten better/have I just figuired out how to play the computer while on 6 stars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah that's the thing, the computer is predictable after a while and you can drag the defense all over the place if your players are good enough.
    They can destroy you with quick counter attacking though and the opposing teams are much smarter. However once you crack it, it's not really that tough. Which is why I started that thread a while back on 6 stars being too easy.

Well lads, I've been playing PES a bit more since my last post. I am now definitely getting the upper hand on my continuous-through-ball-continuous-niggly-foul opponent.

The difference? When he's attacking my back five, I just back off and keep pulling my players back deeper, inviting him on to me. He has no space to play a through ball behind me anymore - he's getting caught offside all the time or my defender/keeper sweeps up the ball very easily. Even when a ball does get through there's usually a defender there to come across and jostle him off it. Long gone are the days when he'd be clean through on goal without a defender in sight. He's getting very frustrated! :) I usually hit him on the counter and try to score from a cross or a corner.

I still get fouled all over the park but, rather than let it frustate me, I try to turn it into an attacking opportunity. Once I perfect the art of lobbing good balls into the box from freekicks and controlling them, he's in big trouble! :D (Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated)

Oh yeah, another thing. Was over at some friends house recently and they have PES on the xbox (must say the controllers are huge and clumsy, where is L2 and R2?!). I found the movement of the players was much more fluid on the xbox than it is on my PC - easier to move diagonally etc. I have concluded that I need to sort out my controller (a PS2 controller attached with a PS2 -> USB converter). Anyway, to cut a long story short, some of the guys there reckoned they were good at PES but, such is the high standard of my defending now, the ass kickings I was dishing out was getting to them!! And there was me thinking I was totally crap, just goes to show how relative things can be.

One last thing - most of my attacks come from working the ball down the flanks. I play with France with the default formation. Is there a formation that's more condusive to wing play that I should be using?

Forgot to add: the gripe I had with not seeing your players in an offside position before you pay the ball is resolved a little bit by tweaking the camera angle. By default, the camera slides along the length of the pitch to cover the action but you can change this so that the camera does not slide as much and instead pivots around - you see much more of the pitch near the goals.

• Advertisement

Only 1 camera angle WIDE.

All the rest are pants.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 charlesx

Ardent its real easy to tell youve got no game. NONE!!
    This is not a game with which you can pick and master in just a few weeks.
    Ive been playing PES ever since it was called ISS(International Superstar Soccer) so im well versed in the game and have been for many years, however,.......even me, even I, the great one need at least 4 weeks to get to grips and again be very close to mastering the game whenever Konami make their annual release. This is great for me because it means the game is constantly improving and advancing and becomes that much more sophisticated than the last release.
    So for you to even have the gaul to to start posting your nonsense comments about a complete gem of a game, comming off playing FIFA(which by the way is clearly either for kids in nursery or people who suffer from ADD) there is no way in hell you can even begin to THINK about trashing PES.
    But, and this is a big but, once you begin to master the games techniques, movements and strategies and enter the MATRIX we Pro Evo freaks step into everytime we pick up that pad,......EURIKA....it all makes sense and you can start to kick some ass.

REVOLUTION = EVOLUTION

ps. pick ya game up!!!!

This post is 7 months old :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Its funnier that he joined especially to make that comment. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dar83 wrote:
    Its funnier that he joined especially to make that comment. :D

its funny cos its true

Advertisement