Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Newcastle before-during-after (will contain score)

• 19-12-2004 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

On paper this has scoring draw written all over it as both are conceeding, though Pool are averaging one at home whereas the Magpies are letting in two per match on thier travels.

Newcastle have only one once at Anfield in the Prem and I dont think that will change, so I'll go for a win by one goal for Liverpool.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As you have probably come to expect with liverpool they always tend to let you down when you expect them to preform. Just take for example, who would have given them a chance against Arsenal, with all those injuries. What did they do?, but go out and not only win the game but also dominate it for many spells throughout. Then on the other hand, they are having a good season so far at home and they go out and play like that against Portsmouth.

As much as you would like to see them win tomorrow I think as you said youself it has a score draw wrote all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They really need to win it but I dont have any idea whats going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

They really need to win it but I dont have any idea whats going to happen.

Its a hugh match in Livepools season. They need to get their Season going with a good win. Newcastle are in trouble again for their off pitch behaviour and have a very poor defence on the pitch I'll go for a pool win provided they field their strongest available team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

I feel Liverpool will do it today. love to get one over souness too. :mad:
    liverpool players xmas party starts straight after the game so might give them a bit of motivation to have the game wrapped up and head to the bar early!! :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I just want to beat that prick Souness...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

its gona be a draw and a boring game. the only games that are reaklly exciting is wen Arsenal,Utd and Chelsea are playing eachother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

both teams really need to win, newcastle can't defend tho which should see liverpool winning this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Gangsta wrote:
    the only games that are reaklly exciting is wen Arsenal,Utd and Chelsea are playing eachother.
    Do you even watch premier league football?....................I thought not.

Aside from that comment being wide of the mark for anyone, Liverpool Newcastle is traditionally a very very good and exiting game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why are Sky only showing this on Sky Plus....its a Joke,these games are allways very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Liverpool: Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Luis Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell, Baros, Mellor.
    Subs: Nunez, Hamann, Traore, Sinama Pongolle, Harrison.

Newcastle: Given, O'Brien, Elliott, Bramble, Bernard, Bowyer, Dyer, Jenas, Milner, Bellamy, Ameobi.
    Subs: Kluivert, N'Zogbia, Ambrose, Robert, Harper.

Referee: G Poll (Hertfordshire)

Souness does it again, plays O'Brien at right back. If Riise and Kewell are on form I can see a comfortable Liverpool win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Craig Bellamy is out, he picked up a backstrain in pre-match warm up.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Any 'net radio streams?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its also on NewsTalk.

Kleivert scores off-side goal.

Mike.

Cheers guys.

1-1!

Hyypia scores a header. Onside too!

Mike.

Nice response... :-)

Hmm, according to the BBC website, "T Bramble 35 o.g".

• Advertisement

2-1, nice one. G'wan Mellor

2-1

Mellor! :)

Mellorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

sinecurea wrote:
    Nice response... :-)

2 -1 Mellor after an og from Bramble

2 -1 Mellor after an og from Bramble

According to the BBC Radio I'm listening to, it was Hyypia :rolleyes:

Good end to a good half.
    Looking forward to see if there are any more goals...

Goal!

Mike.

3-1!!!
    Should be ours now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

surely it cant be a 4-3 match!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Do you even watch premier league football?....................I thought not.

Aside from that comment being wide of the mark for anyone, Liverpool Newcastle is traditionally a very very good and exiting game.
    u thought wrong. only these games can be touted beforehand that they are going to be great games.

FSP is on for Mellor so what chance another goal?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Bowyer off ;)

You'd think that should be enough for us now...

Gangsta wrote:
    u thought wrong. only these games can be touted beforehand that they are going to be great games.

cant say i was too impressed with the quality of football between united and arsenal this season.

I thought that Baros had a great game for liverpool today.even though a Sunday league team would have defended better that Newcastle.

Now roll on liverpool's next game and watch them drop more points. By the way who do they play next.

• Advertisement

We're away to West Brom on Boxing Day.

A fine result for Pool, Pity the finishing was'nt a little sharper but I wont complain. West Brom should be easy then Southampton two days later...should improve the goal-diff no end.

Mike.

sinecurea wrote:
    We're away to West Brom on Boxing Day.

Which is it West Brom or Southampton. Which ever one it is it has the potential for another slip up by them

mike65 wrote:
    A fine result for Pool, Pity the finishing was'nt a little sharper but I wont complain. West Brom should be easy then Southampton two days later...should improve the goal-diff no end.

Mike.

Ah Mike, I thought you would have known the next game. Lucky you were quick to edit

mike65 wrote:
    West Brom should be easy then Southampton two days later...should improve the goal-diff no end.

Mike.

I must store that one for future reference. ;)

A good win for Liverpool who reacted as a top team should when they went behind. Not wishing to take anthing away from the pool but Newcastle are very poor in defence and midfield was no great shakes today either. Dyre by name and nature which is sad for a player that showed so much potential early in his career. Well done Liverpool.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    I must store that one for future reference. ;)

:D

I think even Pool will be okay as both teams are at a very low point, they're shipping goals like crazy and thats lousy for morale. Add the attacking flair of Baros, Pongolle and Gerrard and it can only be one result (thats a win!).

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

I think even Pool will be okay as both teams are at a very low point, they're shipping goals like crazy and thats lousy for morale. Add the attacking flair of Baros, Pongolle and Gerrard and it can only be one result (thats a win!).

Mike.

Keep Digging

Pongool was impressive when he came on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Twas a convincing display today and was exactly what was required..

The Christmas period is going to be very important..

Also, before todays match, Liverpool had the exact same points total this time last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Titus Bramble needs to be dragged out and shot, he's an embarrassment. I actually feel physically ill now whenever I see his name on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He is embarisingly poor. Not sure how he keeps getting a game, however I heard that Newcastle could be making a cheeky bid for Henchoz come January so he might be on his way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Gangsta wrote:
    Ive read that a few times and still am not sure what it means? What did I think wrong? The game wasnt a draw and it was exiting.

A good win for Liverpool, you can only beat whats in front of you. Newcastle were very very poor. They really need to chop up that team in January, way too many players not pulling their weight. With the fixture list ahead its a very good chance for Liverpool to put some wins together (particularly against Chelsea ;) ).

What about Baros' overhead, would have been sweet had it gone in.

however I heard that Newcastle could be making a cheeky bid for Henchoz come January so he might be on his way out.

I think Charlton have him as a definite for January.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Im impressed with the fact that Liverpool keep fighting to come from behind how many time is that this season they have done it? Before when we went 1-0 down that was it game over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Take it wrote:
    Im impressed with the fact that Liverpool keep fighting to come from behind how many time is that this season they have done it? Before when we went 1-0 down that was it game over
    Well, under Houllier's 6 year reign Liverpool never went on to win the game if they went in at half time losing. They've done it this season against Man City and Olympiakos as well as possibly one or two others.

didnt see the match, only highlights. Good result, newcastle mightnt of been the best, but still a good win, specially when we went 1-0down.

I heard baros played well having a big strike partner with him, like he does for czech with Koller. So hopefully if we get morientes they will form a great partnership.

before the season i was thinking pool would be battling with newcastle for 4th place, seems newcastle wont be there so thats good. Cant see everton lasting the pace, so could just be down to boro. Presuming alot but thats how i see it working out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement