Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

snoop dogg playing in ireland next year (rumour)

• 19-12-2004 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

i heard from many people including radio stations that snoop dogg is gonna play a gig in ireland next year (hopefully bring a nice crew/extra people on to the lineup). tell me whatya think and know of this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

That'd rock(rap) if he did.. what radio stations you hear it on? and who'd he have as a line up you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Yea, heard it was confirmed alright, but will not be going, snoop had one good album, doggystyle, anything else was just poor, and he just kept the same recycled crap lyrics/topics, nothing original whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

drop it like its hot that song is so cool at the moent, um hes liek the coolest guy in the world why not go for his shizzzzzle lol, it would be just great atmostsphere. um 2fm said a few times about snoop playin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

drop it like its hot that song is so cool at the moent, um hes liek the coolest guy in the world why not go for his shizzzzzle lol, it would be just great atmostsphere. um 2fm said a few times about snoop playin.

Great athmosphere ?!? have you ever gone to any of the concerts in ireland cause the scum that go really make for a crap night. Id love to see snoop but i know it would be full of every spa in dublin who thinks him and christy dignam are gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll play here. After the KanYe gig I was listening to Wes Darcy (for my sins!) and they were sh!tin on about another 'big' name coming over but no names...then they say "now here's snoop dogg" and sniggered. Pretty obvious I reckon.

I wouldn't go. Snoop is a clever guy in terms of success but he's a pretty crap rapper overall. The tickets will be overpriced and yes the crowd will be fulla knackers.

• Advertisement

well why dont you keep away from them

What? Gigs? If I like the artist enough I'll go regardless. But average gigs mean the crap stuff bothers you. I don't think Snoop is that good so I won't go. What's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I'll go for the laugh if the tickets are cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Can't see them being cheap.
    Probably will be in the Point and so you're looking at €40+.
    Maybe he would play the Ambassador, that would be a better venue, not much cheaper though, MCD rip-off merchants.

RDS afaik, Plenty of scumbags will be in attendance i'm sure

• Advertisement

yeah.. this would be Scumbag Central!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

RDS Main Hall Febuary 22nd
    Tickets 49.50
    On sale monday 20th Dec 11am

At least that's what they were saying on 2FM last night.

From: http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1353869135&xname=snoopdogg

SNOOP DOGG Confirms Debut Irish Concert
    News last updated: 20-12-2004

The most famous (and infamous) hip-hop artist around, Snoop Dogg has confirmed his debut Irish concert.

Snoop Dogg will play Dublin's RDS Main Hall on 22 February, 2005. Tickets priced from Euro 49.50 including booking fee go on sale from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide this Monday 20 December at 11.00am.

Ever since his first appearance on 1992's classic "Deep Cover" single, Snoop Dogg has been one of hip-hop's most popular and charismatic players. He practically stole the show on Dr. Dre's genre-defining masterpiece The Chronic, setting the stage for Snoop's triumphant solo LP Doggystyle (1993), which became the first debut album to hit the charts at #1. After the demise of Death Row, Snoop moved on to Master P's No Limit label, releasing several records and maintaining a large core following.

In the late nineties, he began working with Dre again, resulting in standout tracks like "Still D.R.E.," and "The Next Episode." Not content with simply rapping, Snoop's entrepreneurial credits also include a self-titled clothing line, as well as his own label, Dogghouse Records, which released albums from Tha Eastsidaz and Doggy's Angels.

He's co-starred in such feature films as Training Day and The Wash, and put in work with companies as diverse as Nike and Hustler. Now a full decade into his career, Snoop Dogg is a high-powered mainstream celebrity.

Snoop Dogg
    RDS Main Hall
    22 February 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Happy days, must warm up the shotgun........

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

anyone get tickets for this yet? ticketmaster says unavailable - is it sold out already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kable

trev, tickets just went on sale a few minutes ago, go get em :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kable

The tickets will be overpriced and yes the crowd will be fulla knackers.[/QUOTE]

if you all think snoop's fans are a bunch of knackers why are you wasting your time discussing his upcoming gig? this coming from people who are spending their boring days discussing a murdering ex-drug dealing rapper, get a life people. I'm sure they can section an area off for you people, no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no singing, no dancing, no fun. oh, and you could always get mammy and daddy to wrap you up in cotton wool before leaving the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^ Did the people bitching about it bring it up?
    There just as entitled to their opinon as anyone who wants to see him.
    The idea of a forum is to discuss stuff, with your own opinon. What the **** do you think people visit here for?
    The company?
    Tickets priced from Euro 49.50
    **** that ****, I only wanted to smoke a fat one to My Name.
    I can do that at home, and for half the price.

The last hip hop gig I was at had a couple beside me shagging in the crowd. Maybe you'd be ok with that?

Kable wrote:

if you all think snoop's fans are a bunch of knackers why are you wasting your time discussing his upcoming gig? this coming from people who are spending their boring days discussing a murdering ex-drug dealing rapper, get a life people. I'm sure they can section an area off for you people, no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no singing, no dancing, no fun. oh, and you could always get mammy and daddy to wrap you up in cotton wool before leaving the house.

Did they hit a little bit too close to the bone?

• Advertisement

Kable chill remember this is boards.ie, that last bit the .ie part means where from ireland and irish people like nothing more than to moan, sure half the people moaning probably including me will end up going anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Bri wrote:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll play here. After the KanYe gig I was listening to Wes Darcy (for my sins!) and they were sh!tin on about another 'big' name coming over but no names...then they say "now here's snoop dogg" and sniggered. Pretty obvious I reckon.

I wouldn't go. Snoop is a clever guy in terms of success but he's a pretty crap rapper overall. The tickets will be overpriced and yes the crowd will be fulla knackers.

"Some of ya'll niggas is so deceptive, usin' my styles like a contraceptive"

Crap rapper my arse.
    Legend

Wow you quoted from the one album that is actually good. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Thanks, I've been practicing.

snoopys new album is good like his first, the ones inbewteen basically sucked because less than 1/4 of each album were good songs and the other 3/4 was just jibberish or the something. drop it like its hot and all the lastest stuff in the last year and a half is pretty good, you can be sure he will have a great song if its featuring someone good or if hes featuring on someones single. e.g still dre next episode etc

Whats the line up like?

we dont know yet, ive posted a thread askin people who they think will be on the line up , hopefully dr.dre :P well its not gonna be him lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

jaysus, the way yiz are goin on about knackers being 'in attendance' at gigs, ahahaa...no offense lads, but yiz sound like a bunch of Abercrombie & Fitch wearin southside a-rseholes who stay at home and play Championship Manager all day because 'town is full of shkangers loike, seriously'...ahahaha, bunch a geeks...

Well it is on in the RDS and we don't want any dirty little heroin riddled junkies coming along and depreciating property values.
    In fact I think we should start a campaign to get the concert moved to the Point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

Kable wrote:
    The tickets will be overpriced and yes the crowd will be fulla knackers.

if you all think snoop's fans are a bunch of knackers why are you wasting your time discussing his upcoming gig? this coming from people who are spending their boring days discussing a murdering ex-drug dealing rapper, get a life people. I'm sure they can section an area off for you people, no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no singing, no dancing, no fun. oh, and you could always get mammy and daddy to wrap you up in cotton wool before leaving the house.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree wit you Kable ,
    some people just havent a clue

Hooky wrote:
    some people just havent a clue

How right you are.

Anyway, Its not the fact that they are knackers that would bother me, its the fact that they (generally) just have no respect for the artist at the gig and (for example) start booing the warm up acts etc, and just wreck generally everyones heads there.
    If they were the biggest pickeys in the world and went along and didnt make fcuking idots out of themselves id have absolutly no prob with them.

I can just picture it now, hundreds of Nissan Micras and mopeds with neon lights and go faster stripes parked throughout Ballsbridge and Donnybrook.

Your all hyper sensitive noone is calling snoop fans knackers, if any of you have gone to a hip hop concert in ireland in the last 5 years you will be fully aware that there is a certain type of people who are only going to get in fights. 50 cent gig was a prime example of this where you couldnt walk into the point without seeing about 5 gangs of scumbags fighting cause one of them touched off the other. Its probaly the same at an oasis concert and a tousand other concerts just snoop is such a big name and is such an icon its going to bring with it that extra scum out of the woodworks.

Personally I hate the point as do allot of people so rds with all its problems might be better.

I think the warm up acts should be booed off stage it happens all the time at concerts. When people pay for something they dont want some dodgy artist who they dont know being forced on them they want at least someone they know. At kanye when wez darcey came on as much as i hate him at least i knew who he was and he played good music. Noone was booing untill them muppets came on and started rapping for what seemed like hours untill people started booing them and they fecked off.

all the people on this thread defending knackers could easily be knackers themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

• Advertisement
Advertisement