Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd board games

• 19-12-2004 3:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

THought this would be the best place to post this.

Was thinking about getting one of those dvd film trivia boardgames for someone for christmas.

Thre seems to be two out this year. Theres Screen Test and Scene it! .

I was just wondering had any one played either of these and whether they thought they were any good?

The MGM Screen Test seems to be a good bit cheaper but you are limited to MGM films (granted that's quite a few all the same).

I'd appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

how much cheaper is the mgm one because i was thinking of getting one for my brother for christmas but i'm low on cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Haven't really checked out any local shops. Going by UK prices though

"Scene It" is £49.99 on Amazon.co.uk

and

"Screen Test!" has a rrp of £19.99 according to http://shop.gameplay.co.uk

In sure prices vary but a difference of £30 sterling seems a bit strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I recommend scene it!
    It is a cool game and you get more life out of it than you think. Playing with four or more people is fun, esp if there is teams involved. It is competitive and seems to fit everyone from movie buffs to your average watcher. Lots of scenes there and most are not the obvious ones you would think of. Some great questions too!
    Get it! You will not be disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

nevernev wrote:
    I recommend scene it!
    It is a cool game and you get more life out of it than you think. Playing with four or more people is fun, esp if there is teams involved. It is competitive and seems to fit everyone from movie buffs to your average watcher. Lots of scenes there and most are not the obvious ones you would think of. Some great questions too!
    Get it! You will not be disappointed!

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it, or how much it cost the person who bought it?

Have you played the MGM Screen Test version?

Advertisement