Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You want to create your own firefox plugin?

Options
  • 19-12-2004 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

When I created the [wiki]firefox plugins[/wiki] bikisearch, I created it based on this tutorial.

I've created a few now, but I Found it annoying having to keep editing the files.

So I have created a template to make it much easier. Instructions are in how2use.txt file.

Its the same plugin just reworked to make it mush easier for others to create their own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Some nice work hobbes, I think Firefox is becoming so popular it could almost be given its own forum here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Do IE/Opera/Mozilla have their own forums? What about any other specific languages? It's a fad and it'll pass in time. A new forum just clutters things more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Do IE/Opera/Mozilla have their own forums? What about any other specific languages? It's a fad and it'll pass in time. A new forum just clutters things more.

A little bit off topic but this kind of argument raises its head from time to time. :) Basically if there is a large intrest in something it should get broken off.

XUL doesn't warrent it though (at least not at this time). I would like to know if anyone else here is using XUL as I'd like to know my questions get answered (still learning it).

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Unfortunately Opera isn’t popular enough to have its own forum, which is a shame because it’s more stable, faster and has more features than both IE6 and Firefox(without plugin’s) put together.
    But IE is without doubt going to lose at least 20% of users by the end of next year (they already lost 10%) and IE will continue to lose to Firefox until Google develops and releases its own browser (which I think will become the dominate force in the browser world).
    Just my belief.

And yes i think Firefox is popular(popular being the keyword hear [CrimsonGhost]) enough to have its own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Lose 20% of it's users by the end of the year, jessy? Haven't got much time left...

I don't think Firefox needs it's own forum just yet. There simply isn't that many Firefox threads. Don't forget there's always http://forumns.mozillazine.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Erm according to w3schools Firefox now has 21%.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

This is the site that all the IE fanatics were spouting as gospel when FF was single digits and that FF would never beat IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Don't forget that w3schools is a site for web developers, so the visitors there are mainly people interested in the internet, not those who know the internet is the big blue e on their desktop.

Then again, one can hardly deny Firefox has become more popular.

In the end competition in the browser market can only be good for people.

Advertisement