Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flan

Options
  • 19-12-2004 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey all. I'm new here. Anyone like Black metal here? And is anyone tired of the Emperor vs. Darkthrone debate? It's pointless.It's not like there aren't any other good bands out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There was an Emperor vs. Darkthrone debate?

I quite like Black Metal, generally the likes of Enslaved, Emperor, Arcturus, Immortal and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Not here particularly but on any Irish(and other countries) metal forums there is usually someone asking who is the better band. It's a pointless debate. What did you think of Emperors last release? I thought it was pitiful but yeah they are a great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I thought Promethius was phenominal! Criminally under-rated. Granted it's certainly not like previous albums, but that's a good thing in my view, it was something new and interesting altogether, and they really painted such unique textures in the music. It's definetly a very challenging and evocative album, took me ages to get into it really, but I think a lot of people didn't really give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Hmmm....maybe I'm lazy but it just didn't last for me. I thought that the album before, Equilibrium was brilliant. It was different but good. I agree with you on different stuff being good, it would have smelled if they tried to do In the Nightside... again.

Advertisement