Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for new music

• 19-12-2004 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend me a few artists along the lines of bjork, massive attack, air etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Cinematic Orchastra
    Kruder & Dorfmeister

And check any artists on the ninjatunes lable.
    Amon tobin
    Mr. Scruff
    Cold Cut
    Bonobo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Hi,

I think that the amount of acts which could be compared to the likes of Massive Attack is small.

Only band I can think of at the moment is LAMB.

One could still listen to Kraftwerk tho as their 2003 "Tour De France Soundtracks" album was cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Thanks for the replies. I had a listen to cinematic orchestra and they sound quite good. I'll try and pick up the album 'every day' because it sounded the best.
    Also listened to Lamb, I think i've heard them before. Could you recommend an album though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd wholly recommend "Venice" by Fennesz on the label Touch. It's not very much like the artists you mention but I like all the artists mentioned above so chances are you may like it. The album is hard to describe, it's very warm, that's all I can say really. Warm. But definitely one of the best albums of this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Thought of a couple more

Nightmares on Wax
    Unkel
    Jaga Jazzist
    St Germain
    Four Tet
    Royksopp
    Zero 7
    Gill Scott Heron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Some nice suggestions there, personal favourites being St Germain, Nightmares On Wax and Four Tet.

If you're in any way a fan of trip-hop, you have to get your hands on Waldeck's Balance of the Force. Every track is quality and so fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

If you like Massive Attack check out Portishead, Lamb and Laika.

Also check out Bonobo, Thievery Corporation and Boards of Canada for some more unusual and interesting listening pleasure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

get "timeless" by goldie. the title track is 22 minutes of sheer wonder and bliss. :thumbsup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

get "timeless" by goldie. the title track is 22 minutes of sheer wonder and bliss. :thumbsup

*nods in agreement*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djhooley

some david holmes,the aloof,dj shadow, q-bert,unkle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

My favourite artist over the last year - Ulrich Schnauss, followed by Mint Royale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'll second DJ Shadow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Mr.Scruff is pretty good, Spacek are a bit off what you're into but are excellent - I'd highly recommend Eve off the album Curvatia, Portishead are good but are beginning to sound a little dated for my ear, Aphex Twins stuff is slightly harsher than the stuff you listen to but try flim or iz-us off the Come to Daddy album and you'll be pleasantly suprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Hotel Costes

-kinda like Air & Dj shadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Tricky's Pre Millenium Tension is an excellent album more along the lines of massive attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

crazy penis - super chilled sexy dance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

UNIFLU wrote:
    crazy penis - super chilled sexy dance

check out their track called - there's a better place, funky and chilled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

Ah good old trip-hop.still dig out tricky,portishead the odd time.

I'd recommend Lamb's debut.which is called "Lamb".Superb lp.covers all different styles.
    Also the Aloof's lp "Sinking".top lp.

Right! now to dig out those cds..

Psychonavigation Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djhooley

one night stand on the aloof album is unbelievable.in my top 5 of all time

Advertisement