Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swap the top of your ps2 with this special flip top cover

Options
  • 19-12-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭

im getting my ps2 chipped but i was informed of another way a playstation can play copy games

you swap the top of your ps2 with this special flip top cover and then you use a special disc called a swap magic to load up the ps2, you then open the flip top bit of the flip top cover and swap the swap magic disc for the copied game and then press x on the controller and it plays it.

the install only requires you to take off the top cover of the ps2 and the top of the dvd drive.

is this easily to do
    any i prefere not to do it my self so who does it and where can i get that flip top

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

bit like the old boot disk for your psone then

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

snoopdog wrote:
    is this easily to do
    any i prefere not to do it my self so who does it and where can i get that flip top

I've never done it but from what I've heard its very simple. Anyone should be able to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Any ideas on price snoopdog ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There about €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Ciaran500 wrote:
    There about €20

wow, where are they on sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

swap magic slide card and the dvd and cd discs around here are about £25 so i dunno where u can find it for 20 (dont have the smegging euro key noo)

been thinking of getting 1 myself from what ive read all you have to do is take the front panel off the cd tray that opens out which is just held on by 1 screw and put the slide card in so not even as much as you said!

got my xbox modded and im well chuffed, i dont want a modded ps2 though because i swear my lasers dying id rather not get it chipped then have to replace the laser...i think ill just get the slide card and if the laser dies get a new ps2...no biggy it may not go for a year or so ..or tomorrow! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

where can i buy one of these slides and it seems very easy to do are they better than just getting a chip in the ps2

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

snoopdog wrote:
    where can i buy one of these slides and it seems very easy to do are they better than just getting a chip in the ps2

try here

http://www.consoleplus.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

Leonard wrote:

i found another website which sells it

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm
    im serious thinking of getting one but are they very easy to install and is it better than just getting it chipped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Make your own flip lid its easy eoungh and heres your the swap disc v3

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/images/flippy_instructions.htm

and seems the swap disc software is not copyrighted heres where you can get it aswell

http://packetnews.com/

and heres some more handy guides

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/noobie_guide.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Enjoy fusing your retinas on the laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

dub that seems an awful lot of a messing around when u can just buy a slide card for £25 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i hav'nt done this myself ...just found it on google ...the reason i looked on google was a guy i know used to sell theses but in the end he got stoped selling them because customs said that the fact there was a PS2 logo on the case cover "flip-lid" ..it was not letting them through custums due to the copyright laws ...since then i havnt seen many getting sold in the markets since about a year and a half a go..
    but if your only getting one it should'nt be a big deal the guy im on about was buying in bulk...

ChRoMe wrote:
    I have 10 slide cards for sale. €10 each pm me

ChRoMe

nice one pm sent

by the way does that include the swap disc software

snoopdog wrote:
    im getting my ps2 chipped but i was informed of another way a playstation can play copy games

you swap the top of your ps2 with this special flip top cover and then you use a special disc called a swap magic to load up the ps2, you then open the flip top bit of the flip top cover and swap the swap magic disc for the copied game and then press x on the controller and it plays it.

the install only requires you to take off the top cover of the ps2 and the top of the dvd drive.

is this easily to do

nobody has made it clear to me is the above better than just getting the ps2 chipped

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Have used the fliptop for over a year now.

Over time the disks will get damaged and become unusable. When you lift the fliptop to insert the disk it's not always easy to seat the disk perfectly the same way as putting the disk in the tray. After 6 months I had to buy another Swap Magic disk due to scratches on the disk.

Given a choice now I'd go for a chipped PS2 ... definitely less hassle

Advertisement