Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer courses

• 19-12-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Guten Abend!
    Ok i've studied german all the way through secondary school and i'm currently in 3rd year, also studying spanish. This year is my year abroad, and as spanish is my beginners language, i had no choice but to go to spain.

As a result, the spanish is now tiptop, but the poor german is suffering. I would like to do a 2/3 week course in germany in the summer to bring me back up to scratch (preferably in september), as this will be my last chance to get to Deutschland before the dreaded 4th year.

Basically i was wondering if anyone has done any courses like this? If so, when and where did you go to, how long did they last, how much did they cost... and most of all, were they worth the money?

Danke!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cookie

what age are you? would you be able to go over and work?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

i'll be 20 in january. Working was originally an idea, but i am spending this whole year abroad, and to be honest, i dont want to go off again for the entire summer. I am going home on wednesday for xmas and i cant wait. Then i dont think i will be home again til i finish college here in june. Thats a long time away from my family friends and especially, the poor deprived boyfriend.

So i was hoping just to work at home for the summer in my old job and then head off for maybe 3 weeks in september before i go back to college.
    I already have my flat sorted for next year in dublin so theres no problem there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cookie

to be honest then, don't know. didn't do any courses over there. but I would imagine the university could point you in the right direction?

Advertisement