Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any really strange phobias?

• 19-12-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

hey gang!
    just wondering..... is there anyone else out there that is just ABSOLUTLY TERRIFIED of fish ( goldfish, normal fish, dead fish, toy fish?) my boyfriend thinks its funny? :eek:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

it is funny!

Though you can keep spiders away from me >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

dont have a problem with fish - have a major problem with spiders alright and also tomato ketchup!!! Hate the stuff makes me gag and couldnt sit near someone eating it or if it was on the table - would freak out!!!!

Knew a girl that was petrified of marmalade, couldnt even look or hold a jar and had to avoid the jam section of tescos!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Due to an embarassing incident some years back I now suffer from Guinness-agora-phobia. I'm not afraid of people - open spaces; after several pints I feel insecure as to where the nearest bog is. I'm not making this up! As a result at the end of the night I invariably get a taxi home! It just isn't worth the worry tbh!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

a girl in college freaks out about buttons, and she isnt just lying, woke up the other morning by her screaming(not very loud but i was nearby) and i asked what the matter was, so she points to a button on the ground that was under her shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Knew a girl whose would freak out if there was a banana in the room. I thought she was jokeing but when i picked one up, put it between me legs and chased her out the house, then i believed her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

The Grinch.
    Abso****ingloutly terrified. I was in the cinema when they were showing the previews.. and I started screaming had to ask my Gf at the time to tell me when it was over.. even when the ad's come on the T.V. I have to leave the room.. and once i saw a pic on a DVD in a shop I had to leave..

I had persistant nightmares as a child. about a green skinned man with yellow teeth.

Now I'm 23 maybe it's time to see a shrink.

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Now I'm 23 maybe it's time to see a shrink.
    I read that as "time to see shrek".

I had a good giggle about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Shrek didn't freak me out.. just The Grinch..! Anyone not think he looks like one evil mother****er?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

buttons is strange.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

samo wrote:
    ..and also tomato ketchup!!! Hate the stuff makes me gag and couldnt sit near someone eating it or if it was on the table - would freak out!!!!

Ah, I'm with you on this one... Exactly the same reaction. Bad enough when it's in bottles, but when it's in those little sachets, it's a million times worse.
    Tomatoes on their own are OK, though, so it's not a tomato fear. I once wondered if I once got ketchup on me and thought I was bleeding, and the fear came from that, but I don't ever remember liking it. And that slurp when it comes out of a squeezy bottle... ahhhh! (currently recoiling from keyboard in disgust.)

However, it doesn't stop there. A girl in America once told me I had "a fear of condiments", cos I also have a complete aversion to:

vinegar (most lethal of all, though I like Salt & Vingear crips - can't explain that), mayonnaise (very, very evil - and why does no shop - no one! - make pre-packed sandwiches without it!!!), brown sauce (even worse than ketchup) coleslaw, salad dressing, salad cream, mustard, BBQ sauce, relish... the list goes on.

Exceptions are gravy, apple sauce and most cooking sauces (for pasta etc) which don't come from a squeezy bottle. Or very small jars.

Hmm. Basically I'm a fruit cake, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i can't stand any one and i mean anyone (cept myself) touching my neck it's odd i know but it's just like wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

does everyone have one phobia or fear or are there any others out there that are baffled by this thread?? i have no fears as far as i've discovered... i dont mean to say im fearless, i mean people can jump out and shout BOO! and frighten me but nothing constant... dont mind spiders, snakes, heights, death(is that strange that i dont think i'd be worried if i died tomorrow??), buttons... etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Lifts scare me a bit, but I mostly just act the fool in lifts to ditract my self (jumping up and down etc.) - which in itself is a bit odd I suppose, like someone with a fear of heights throwing things off buildings and laughing at how long it takes them to fall.

Also, steps that are just planks of wood and have a gap between each step scare me a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Baloons *shudder* cant even think about them........ that squeeeeeky noise when rubed.........arrrrrrgh!

*runs to corner and huddles down rocking back an forth*

Oh, and spiders, bf has to remove even the smallest, luckilly hes 6' 4" so even the highest can be taken care of lolol ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ixoy wrote:

Ever seen the film "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins? Spooky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I heard of a phobia that's basically a fear of looking up.

How would you sleep at night? Mmmmm - tasty pillow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

shelly04 wrote:
    hey gang!
    just wondering..... is there anyone else out there that is just ABSOLUTLY TERRIFIED of fish ( goldfish, normal fish, dead fish, toy fish?) my boyfriend thinks its funny? :eek:

Well im terrified by jelly fish!

I have very good reason to be though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

i reckon fish are evil.. look evil smell evil. myself and dave (boyf) take turns at choosing films each tym we hesd to cinema.. course he picked sharks tale.. wuz so freaked out i left him sitting on his own. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

putting my hand under a lawnmower even when its off

• Advertisement
Advertisement