Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iriver H120 problem

Options
  • 19-12-2004 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Jus got a new h120 but when i tried to update the database after adding songs it keeps crashing.It'll get so far and then crash at a certain song.If i remove that song it'll jus crash at anoither point
    Has anyone else experienced this problem. I updated it to the latest firmware to no effect. It seems to only happen with ogg files.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i had the same problem with a few albums. i imagine it's something wrong with the tags or something. what i did was let it run thru the database until it stopped at a particular song, then i removed the album. then i started it again and let it stop at another song and remove that album. this did take a while but it did result with 99% of my songs been added to the database. after that i just popped the other songs on.

dont forget that the database thing isnt nessecary to play the songs if you dont mind scrolling thru folders etc. maybe someone will tell you how to fix the mp3s so they dont cause the database thing to crash but in my opinion dont bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Thanks 4 d quick reply. I've started doing that so should be ok.

Ok so i've deduced the problem happens with every Ogg file. Sp after just loading my player with MP3 and updated the database successfully it's still only giving me the folder view. I've set the DB scan option to on. Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

dont actually have the thing on me but its a matter of going to the options menu u get when u hold the main button down and choosing the alternative view. just go thru every option in the list until u find it.

I set the DB scan option t on and display-> tag information to on. Can't see any others. Has no effect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Make sure the titles aren't over 52 characters long, that includes spaces and commas, dashs etc.

Advertisement