Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unpaid advertisements, spam

Options
  • 19-12-2004 11:40pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the purpose of clarity this I’m posting this thread to say I’ve deleted one thread, and locked and edited another which contained unpaid advertisements, spam.

Whether the subject of the advertisement was or was not of interest to the community, to some, it may come as a surprise that Boards.ie needs money to survive. One way boards.ie obtains money is through advertising, another is the commercial Interaction boards.

The concept of advertising is that a company, group, or person, pays another company, group, or person, for an advertisement, usually to promote a product or service.

While companies are paying this site for advertising, and/or other services the site offers, they should not have to put up with other companies getting free advertising. Unless the admins permit such in advance, of course.

I am not going to accept the posters’ excuse of “does that happen automatically or what”, I didn’t just edit out the persons’ first post, I inserted “As you were told on another board contact adverts@boards.ie if you want to place a advertisement”.

Usually unpaid advertisers are banned on the spot, I went easy on the person in question and they just repeated your offence. Therefore, the user is now being banned for a week from the Games board, after such time the person can contact me by PM and I’ll un-ban him/her.

If anyone has a problem with this, PM an admin, or go to the help or feedback board. This board is not the place to post another thread on this subject.

I will be once again asking the person to think about contacting the admins about advertising – it might not cost an arm and a leg, and it might even change the image they have with users who are sickened with the attempts at non-paid advertising.

I wish the poster the best of luck with their business venture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement