Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 on Legendary?

Options
  • 20-12-2004 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody here finished Halo 2 on legendary yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

After Failing to get past the first level on Co-op, I haven't played the single player game since.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

god i have tried. its a total bitch. Co-op was ruined when they made both people go back to the last checkpoint even if only one of you died. That was about 80% the strategy of co-op..."take a hit for the team". now its just frustrating when one of you is doing well and the other eejit lets fly with a rocket from 2 yards. Unless both of you are excellent at it it just doesn't work. New players sort of need that cushion to fall on when they die..
    otherwise i liked the game though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Has anybody here finished Halo 2 on legendary yet?

Just finished Heroic, and about to start Legendary.

But TBH I'm not sure if I'll have the patience/ability ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Just switched to Heroic from Legendary last night, cause I couldn't get past the first hangar area where you first get your mits on some grenades.
    It's really bloody tough, too many Elite...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

fitz wrote:
    Just switched to Heroic from Legendary last night, cause I couldn't get past the first hangar area where you first get your mits on some grenades.
    It's really bloody tough, too many Elite...

I gave up on that section after about four hours of failing. I'll get back to it later.

The reason I'ma sking is because I want to know if there is an extended ending.
    The stand alone ending was such let down that there has to be.
    But if there's not, I dont think I see myself bothering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

The reason I'ma sking is because I want to know if there is an extended ending.
    The stand alone ending was such let down that there has to be.
    But if there's not, I dont think I see myself bothering.

Yep. There is supposed to be an easter egg on the Legendary ending, but I don't think the ending is any different if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im on the Delta Halo level on Legendary but havent been able to get past it. Those bloody jackal snipers kill you with one shot its near on impossible to get past them or take them out without taking a hit first.

rumours in college say that at the end of the ending it just comes up "out febuary 9th"

this is open to your own interpretation, some say this coincides with the announcement of the xbox2 release date and hence a possible halo3 launch title. Or perhaps a downloadable level where you actually get to "finish this fight" as MC would say.
    Or perhaps a decent downloadable ending.

That's what I'v heard too Eskimo.

I guess it's just too soon to find out yet.

Hey Fitz...I just passed that hangar. The trick is to keep planting plasma grenades on the elites one at a time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Yeah, I was trying that, but you run out of grenades pretty quick...
    Heroic is still tough, but the progress is more enjoyable...

• Advertisement

Well I spoke to soon as since I typed that, I have been stuck on the second hangar.
    After killing about eight red and blkue elites...a gold one, wielding a sword adn two silver elites, both dual wielding plasma rifles arrive..the situationseems utterly hopeless so I'm giving up untill I get conformation that there actually is an extended ending.

Heroic I thoguht was great craic. Not too har but best of all, not too easy.

Someone was saying and i've tried this myself that the only way to beat it on legendary is to play it like splinter cell..sneak everywhere and never be in the view of more than one enemy - in other words take about 6 weeks to complete it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

I did the last level on legendary co-op and apart from the Feb 9th, there is no alternate cut-scene or anything. There are skull's on every level on legendary that do different things like giving all enemies active camo etc, saw it on some site but it had screenshots so it seemed reliable but I haven't bothered to actually g olooking.

Thank you for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Finished on legendary.

When am I 1337?

:rolleyes:

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Again...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Again...what?

You do have ability to click on links and reading their contents? If not you're going to find the internet a very confusing place.

I am aware of what 1337 means.

Is the sentence he used it in that I'm referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I got to the second level but the snipers (1 hit kill) and the god damn flying guys had me ready to dropkick my xbox out the window.

Also all of you who claim to have finished it on legendary and got a "February 9th" message are full of it. Here is a link which contains bungie's official responce to this bull. Its about half way down the page. Enjoy

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=weeklyupdatenov19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

you all have no patience,
    i stuck with it through the first level and it does get easier later on in the game. right now im on the end of the 3rd last level. (arbiter on delta halo).
    the snipers never get easier however, just pure patience.
    will post again when i finish.

Miles wrote:
    Finished on legendary.

When am I 1337?

:rolleyes:

You were saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

im at the final boss now. its futile. theres no hope. ive wasted my life. will never see the ending now with the satisfaction of legendary resting in my mind.

what a f**king disgrace...

instead of making him more tactically challenging or curbing the difficulty, it seems that bungie haas unveiled the final joke on us poor gamers. i cannot see any way of beating him. i had my gun trained on him for 20 mins last night and his shield didn't drop once.

suggestions would be very much appreciated. i even brought in a banshee to fight him with but its just too boring to go on. fought him for about an hour and a half then he killed me, not because i couldnt avoid his wrath but because i just got bored and started doing desperate things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's fairly awfull alright. It's easy to stay alive as he can't damage you unless you go in close. When I did it I paused in the middle, slept and continued on the next day. It took a fair while and you go through almost all the weapons on the platforms. All I can suggest is stick him a few times and aim for the head. Once Cortana say's his shields are down it takes about another 5min and you're laughing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retrgamers enlightened suggestion on legendary mode for Halo 2:

Turn off xbox. Play a new game.

So if you have completed the game on legendary why did not do anythgin to inform us about the truth of the credits?

Advertisement