Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pictures of Porches racing at Donington in the wet

Options
  • 20-12-2004 6:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I was at Donington on the last weekend of October, mainly to see the Rover Coupe Turbos (aka Tomcats) compete in the final round of the BRSCC Super Coupe Cup on the Sunday. A few of us went along on the Saturday too, as there was racing going on in different events for the whole weekend.

When we first arrived it was dry and the temperature was quite pleasant. However, by about midday, the sky darkened and the heavens opened up. We were huddled by a chip van and although someone had an umbrella, we still all got completely drowned.

By early afternoon, we were actually thinking of packing it in for the day and going back to some warm pub somewhere. We were walking through the paddock area when one of the guys who races a Tomcat met some friends of his who had one of those hospitality suite boxes at Redgate (the first corner after the start/finish straight).

We were able to dry off a bit in there and take some photos from a better vantage point without any fencing in the way!

The rain made for more dramatic looking shots of the Porsches with the lights reflecting off all the standing water on the track. It also made it more exciting looking out for any spectacular offs.

I've got some other pics of Donington I might post up later to see what you think.

porsche_lineup.jpg

porsche_white1a.jpg

porsche_orange1.jpg

porsche_whiteblue1.jpg

porsche_whiteblue3.jpg

porsche_whiteblue2.jpg

Comments

Advertisement