Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Digibox

• 20-12-2004 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

Our digibix gave up last week and we have booked SKY+ with multiroom but it will not be installed until after xmas. We are without TV at the moment as due to location we cannot receive any terrestial television. I ma looking at buying a cheap digibox or better still (costwise) to rent one to see us over the next few xmas weeks while we are waiting for the installer to arrive.

Anyone any ideas of where I might rent a box or else where I might pick up a cheap second hand one?Am desperate as we face a christmas of just watching DVD's and videos!

Also, if I locate a box what will I have to do to get my existing card to work with it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

let me know if you cant get one, i'll do my best to help out

IPFreely wrote:
    Hi,

Our digibix gave up last week and we have booked SKY+ with multiroom but it will not be installed until after xmas. We are without TV at the moment as due to location we cannot receive any terrestial television. I ma looking at buying a cheap digibox or better still (costwise) to rent one to see us over the next few xmas weeks while we are waiting for the installer to arrive.

Anyone any ideas of where I might rent a box or else where I might pick up a cheap second hand one?Am desperate as we face a christmas of just watching DVD's and videos!

Also, if I locate a box what will I have to do to get my existing card to work with it?

Thanks in advance!

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I've got a spare digibox i'll loan you for a few weeks. PM me your details
    where you are.

you will have to call sky and get them to match the card to the digibox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Does anyone know wher I can buy a sky+ box to replace my digibox? I know Electroplus sell them and they are in Beaumont. Is there anywhere nearer to Lucan or city centre?

I recently signed up to Sky 3 months ago and wan't to change over to the Sky+. I don't want multiroom yet as it would take till well into the new year to get an installation done. Ideally I'd have the + box pre Christmas

Georgey

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You would still need an installation carried out for Sky+, even if you managed to get one yourself from somewhere. Sky+ requires 2 cable inputs into the box. So therefore you would need to put up a quad LNB and run a second feed in to the sky+ receiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Does anyone know wher I can buy a sky+ box to replace my digibox? I know Electroplus sell them and they are in Beaumont. Is there anywhere nearer to Lucan or city centre?

I recently signed up to Sky 3 months ago and wan't to change over to the Sky+. I don't want multiroom yet as it would take till well into the new year to get an installation done. Ideally I'd have the + box pre Christmas

Georgey

maybe here can help CLICK

• Advertisement
Advertisement