Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW - highest level irish players?

Options
  • 20-12-2004 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

How are you guys all doing level wise? Do we have any lvl 60s yet?

I'm currently lvl 52, hoping to hit 60 before this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Memnoch wrote:
    How are you guys all doing level wise? Do we have any lvl 60s yet?

I'm currently lvl 52, hoping to hit 60 before this weekend.

*clap* :) I got to 15 in the beta... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

How much do you play this game to hope to hit another 8 (the top 8) in 4 days.
    I know MMORPG's are addictive but thats just plain silly.

Im lvl 22 and hope to hit err 24 before xmas at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i'm currently trying to go at 2 levels a day. With concentrated efficient grinding i'm avarging about 3 boxes an hour, so in 8 hours i can hit level up.. so thats about 16 hours of grinding a day roughly.

I think i play atleast that much, though I had some IRL stuff to do today so i'm falling behind my schedule. I should be 53 by now but still 6 boxes away. ON my way to do zul'farrek now and hopefully ding there, then dinner, a nap and grind tonight to get half of 54 atleast :P

i play a lot but i think i was 24 by day 3 or 4 after starting :P those levels are easy u can pretty much quest all of them no grinding is required

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'm level 16 in the euro closed beta :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

31 on an Arthas server. I guess I win! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Level 49 Human Priest on Warsong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Memnoch you make it sound like work
    is it fun to grind that much?

im a 25 troll hunter

Well the grinding itself isn't fun. Questing is yes, but 50+ u can't level all the way from questing, well maybe you could but it would be a lot slower.

I don't enjoy the grinding itself, but now i'm lvl 53 almost 54, and actually achieving the level up is great. Its also fun to catch up to and over take your friends in level and have them /tell you "wtf hax!!!" etc. Another advantage of leveling this fast is that a lot of times i'm soloing in contested areas but the place is empty. So I have the mobs to myself, dont' have to compete with other players from my own alliance in congested areas. Also there is less of a chance of random horde higher levels coming and ganking me while i'm trying to exp and then camping my corpse, whcih can be quite annoying. I mean every day i hear my guildies talk about how horde players 10 levels higher than them are attacking them in STV (which is kinda pathetic from the horde players IMO).

Today i had a 57 hunter (4 levels higher than me) camp me for half an hour, trying to kill me. He couldn't since I was close enough to an alliance outpost to be able to run there using my invul's etc.. but he wasted my time. Now my class a defensive pally is extremely weak against hunters, I would have a hard time killing an equal level hunter(and probably couldn't kill a skilled equal level hunter), much less one 4 lvls above me. But this situation would be a lot worse if I was even lower level :P

Also since i level fast and solo a lot, I get items that i can give to lower level friends to help them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Llv 44 Paladin on Elune server

Almost 45 but the ginding was starting to bug me so i took some time out to work on trade skills and stuff (helping guildmates and quests id missed) That was a big help as im hungry to start lvling again :))

Luv this Game

Eldstar

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hmm, that's one thing that seems nice about WoW, that you can level up and gain xp from doing quests.

In FFXI levelling isn't too bad until you hit lvl 51, and then it's 10k experience points needed per level. I'm currently at 10k/33k needed to get to level 64. This all has to come from killing mobs though... quests gain you items and 'fame' in the cities, which is needed for higher level quests with better rewards.

I don't like the way that you're stuck to one job class in WoW, sure you can have multiple characters, but it's less flexible than FF :)

Is there actually any storyline to WoW at all though? One of the strongest points of FFXI is that there's a storyline that runs throughout the whole game, and having 2 expansion packs at this stage it's pretty developed and mature insofar as storylines can go.

I'd probably give WoW a go when it's released over here, but I've put so much time into my other character that I don't want to see him die off, grr!

• Advertisement

well latest patch is out, looks like they nerfed the exp over all by slightly raising the Hit points of ALL non-elite mobs :D

It will be intersting to see how much this will affect my exp speed. I hope its no more than 1 more hit per mob to kill them than before. In any case this made me even gladder that I've leveled as much as I already did, as its gonna be atleast a touch slower from now.

Off course this all depends on what blizzard mean by "slightly". I guess they decided ppl were leveling too fast :P

In any case I should be hitting 54 within an hour and a half of servers coming back up after the patch... I'm sure even if the change is bad, I will manage 1 lvl per day. I'm now even more determined than ever to hit 60 b4 any more changes that may negatively impact my exping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Stinky

Vinny theres around 20 of us on warsong server and roughly 9 that are level 40+
    and the rest are high 30s

was wondering whats your playtime on your char like 8DDD

47 rogue warsong ;x 6 days playtime

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

I got to 58 in closed beta, got in by grinding for 10 days straight nearly (stress test competition), grinding is boring as hell, I had enough of that in EQ, and I wouldnt do it again unless I had a very good reason.

damn only 4 of us Irish lads on Eredar, but we all wanted to play alliance :P

I've no clue what my playtime is, (prolly huge). I'll check when Eredar is back up.

I plan on playing an Undead rogue at some point for a bit of fun, i'll make it on warsong :P

who else on eradar

Thordon wrote:
    I got to 58 in closed beta, got in by grinding for 10 days straight nearly (stress test competition), grinding is boring as hell, I had enough of that in EQ, and I wouldnt do it again unless I had a very good reason.

i bet u were a rogue? :) (hamstring spam 4tehwin?)

well I have a good reason :P I'm not gonna have much time to play come January so I wanna get my leveling out the way, and then I can pvp whenever I have a bit of time :)

teethy is 50 priest
    Donal (the machine *tm) is a warlock
    Quozl is a warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

We're all alliance too :/

I suppose it woulda been lame to play horde on Warsong though, something like 3600 horde : 1600 alliance on it I think.

supposidly theres more undead players than alliance put together

• Advertisement

ugh, from IRC i gathered u lot were all going horde atleast thats what everyone was saying b4 game was out.

Anyways I ended up on Eredar cause thats the server teethy picked.

This was b4 u guys moved to warsong i believe ;)

Eredar still being down is really starting to piss me off!!!

6 hours of downtime now how ****ing gay is that ****ing hell.

not as bad as SWG I suppose but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yes I read that a long time ago, great article. :P

I'm not addicted honestly! *grin*

The thing is, I wanted to get 60 out of the way, once thats done i'll be able to relax and take it easy, play when i want etc, without having to worry about not having time to play in january or being constnatly ganked by high lvl horde. I was pissed off yesterday because the downtime was during the time when I was at my most awake and had no errands to run either. So it was horribly inconvenient. Esp when they said 4 hours and it ended up being 7.

Off course you're gonna get frustrated if ur told its gonna be back in approx 4 hours. Okay so approx maybe give or take 30 minutes, but an extra 3 hours is a bit ridiculous :)

LvL 55 now, gonna try for 56 tonight.. its going slow now.

Played days at 10, 23 hours btw so I haven't leveled that fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Memnoch

What do you think the best way to lvl up is ? and
    where are the best spots ? in your opinion.

....not that I want to powergame myself to 60 or anything.....I just want to go to these places so I can see what ....powergamers ..ahh look like...

errr... really depends on your level, faction, class.

best tool I found is..

http://www.worldofwar.net/cartography/worldmap/

this is really handy, shows you all the zones, how to get there fly points etc. and appropriate levels.

I've only really played alliance so from that point of view, obviously level 1-10 in home town.

Level 10-20 in Westfall + Loch Modan.

20+ you can start doing some of VC.. also Redrige/Lakeshire.
    25+ you should be able to start moving to Darkshire.
    30+ You are in STV
    35+ Take a break from STV and head to Arathi Highlands and South Shore for a couple of levels.
    37+ Back to STV!!
    40+ Head to Tanris on Kalimdor for a couple of levels, some great quests here.
    Especially WasteWanderer repeatable quests that nets u some nice Superior Healing and greater mana pots + lots of mageweave. Grind out some exp here even if u've done the quests until you feel its getting inefficient
    43+ you can try out searing gorge (though I skipped it myself).
    Also go back to STV and finish off some more quests there
    44+ Feathermoon stronghold in feralas is good for questing
    45+ Return to STV and finish off any remaining quests. Tanris also, you might be able to do Zul'Farrak now.
    (at this stage you are jumping aroudn a lot between zones as the quests in one zone aren't enough to level u up fully etc.)
    47+ Its time for blasted lands! Some really nice quests here netting you exp and the +50 stat boost for 1 hour repeatable is great for grinding. Though the scropions are tough as they constantly poison u. Not reccomended if u can't cure poison and are solo!!
    47+ Hinterlands, you can do some of the quests here now. The Altur of Zul is a GREAT place to grind exp. Those trolls also drop some nice items. You can keep grinding here pretty much till 50.
    50+ Back to tanris - finish of those quests - finish off zul'farrak. Doing that instance a couple of times atleast nets u good exp.
    51+ Time for Un'goro. Some decent quests here but always lots of agro around, so be careful.. you should manage a level here.
    Go back to hinterlands and do anyquests that are left. There might also be a new quest availible in feralas. (one of the un'goro quests starts in ironforge INN takes u to darnass, its a decent quest to do).
    Searing gorge - if u havent done it by now!. Sorrow hill in western plaguelands is not bad to grind some exp. Those undead can drop some nice stuff.
    53+ Felwood - this place rocks, great quests etc. I did most of 53-54 here and a lot of 54-55, with a bit of time spent in western plaguelands at sorrow hill also.
    55+ I'm planning to go back to Un'goro next to finish of any remaining quests i can, finish off some other random quests.

Hope that helps :P

as for best way to level, well different strokes for different blokes. Grinding is supposed to be the best and fastest exp OVER ALL, atleast once u get 40-45+. I just can't hack unlimited grinding though I get too bored.

So I mix it up between grinding, instances, and questing.

I try to quest efficiently and do as many quests in an area as possible, and leave out anything that takes me away from an area till later. I try to accumulate atleast 2-3 quests before visiting that area. Travelling is one of the biggest timesinks in the game so I try to avoid it as much as possible. I keep myself soulbound in IF as i find thats a great central node. I can take a quick gryphon to menthil harbour if i wanna head to kalimdor, or I can simply fly north. Stormwind is easily accessable also. I prefer Iron forge to storm wind due to its proximity to menthil mainly!

I solo mostly, and group for elites, or instances. And SOME tough quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sweet Jebus Mem !

Thats perfect :D One more question for you ! well to all beta people really do you think their are more Horde or Alliance ?

Is one side overpopulated at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

lvl 11 Rogue , although this only my second day and I certainly havent been grinding .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm at 50 Priest (still) as Memnoch said. I don't have much time to play right now, too much work on. :( Plus I'll be off home with my folks over christmas so I guess I'll have to put off the 50-60 grind until the new year.

As a Holy/Disc Priest I solo really poorly, not like FOTM Paladin scum. :P So I prefer to do quests or instance runs where possible. Zul'Farrak and Atal'Hakkar are decent right now, and I'm itching to try out Mauradon.

The downside to this is you're completely reliant on getting a decent group together and this is tough. There are a lot of muppets and timewasters out there, I especially hate having to babysit people through a bunch of pre-reqs just so I can get the bit I need done.

Ah sod it. Memnoch, level meh toon biatch! :)

Advertisement