Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW - highest level irish players?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

there was some 40 priest in guild chat today boasting how he could comfortably take 3 same lvl mobs simultaneously :p

u must be doing something wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

The shadow talent tree is excellent for soloing, why did you choose Holy as a matter of interest Teeth? Healing doesn't seem gimped at all if you don't spec in it like it was in DAoC. Maybe in the last few levels before 60 a difference might be noticeable but right now I just don't see a reason to go in that direction.

For small-medium scale PvP shadow just seems to have a nice balance of different skills without making yourself a total gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Oh I was full shadow until 40 (first on my server to have Flay, Silence and then Shadowform! :D ), I respecced to see what it was like.

Holy/Disc is great in tough instances, but I don't do enough instance runs to justify it I guess. I'll probably respec in the new year when I start the 50-60 grind. Mem, you know that guild is full of nubs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

wow, im such a lightweight.

My druid is Lvl 43 on warsong and i thought it was just funky was the Xp machine :)

Peronally i dont bother grinding (much, i need to do it for leatherworking but thats about it) and just do quests. So far thats getting me the levels but i can see the drop off starting and i suppose im going to have to grind sooner or later :/

Any of you guys 60 yet?

We have 2 lvl 57s in our guild so far, still waiting on the first 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

i suppose im going to have to grind sooner or later :/
    You dont need to grind ever, I quested from about 40+ in beta up to 58, and I was dragging my heels trying to get all my quests done without hitting 60 :), you will get there, its not a race, enjoy the ride :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

37 druid atm on eredar. Enjoying doing the quests. Aint done any grinding yet and dont plan to either. Once i hit 60 i can see myself loosing enjoyment/interest in my character till the battlegrounds etc start up (which should be before i hit 60 really :p ) as all that would be left is to kill random horde and while fun it would get old pretty quick. O i guess to level up my profesions but hope to have that done by same time i hit 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

i suppose im going to have to grind sooner or later :/

I remember you slagging me for being hooked on the everquest pipe. Anyway, addict!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just what im looking for thanks Kipple ! :)

Dustaz wrote:
    wow, im such a lightweight.

My druid is Lvl 43 on warsong and i thought it was just funky was the Xp machine :)

Peronally i dont bother grinding (much, i need to do it for leatherworking but thats about it) and just do quests. So far thats getting me the levels but i can see the drop off starting and i suppose im going to have to grind sooner or later :/

Any of you guys 60 yet?

We have 2 lvl 57s in our guild so far, still waiting on the first 60
    Ya, I hit 60 a while back. Was on the Saturday of the christmas weekend. Think that was christmas day itself? Since I remember sunday being boxing day. In retrospect it was a bit of an anti-climax since the PvP content isn't fully implemented yet and I've NEVER been a fan of farming cash/items. I don't mind hardcore grinding to level up so I can PvP, but apart from that I have very little time for PvE in any MMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

I've NEVER been a fan of farming cash/items ... I have very little time for PvE in any MMO
    In the end PvP will be ruled by the high end guilds with all the Onyxia uber lewts, something to consider, in EQ anyway, being in an uber guild, made you 2-3 times as powerful as a casual player of the same level. WoW looks to be similar at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

(sorry for digging up an old thread)
    There on server 6, a relatively new server, only about 3 weeks old, we got our first level 60 there on friday, guy called Bakke, level 60 warrior. Is it not slightly worrying that you can get level 60 in 3 weeks? seems awfully easy, while theres no doubt he played it 16+ hours a day and has played it a lot before, but still, 3 weeks? mostly solo too considering there were few others his level.

For any people who have made 60 out there, does it slow down much for the last 10 levels? compared to say, 30-40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Pugsley wrote:
    There on server 6, a relatively new server, only about 3 weeks old, we got our first level 60 there on friday, guy called Bakke, level 60 warrior. Is it not slightly worrying that you can get level 60 in 3 weeks? .

not realy considering he went all out power leveling and probably didnt work up any professions
    if you take your time (ie. go at your own pace and not thinking omg why am i doing this fun stuff when i could be power leveling!!)and dont play more than 4 hours a day average you wont cap for 4 or 5 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AnMoth

1 question does your character go to zero when the game is released here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

AnMoth wrote:
    1 question does your character go to zero when the game is released here?

i dont think blizzard have said if ti will but almost certainly yes

Pugsley wrote:
    There on server 6, a relatively new server, only about 3 weeks old, we got our first level 60 there on friday, guy called Bakke, level 60 warrior. Is it not slightly worrying that you can get level 60 in 3 weeks? seems awfully easy, while theres no doubt he played it 16+ hours a day and has played it a lot before, but still, 3 weeks? mostly solo too considering there were few others his level.

Someone leveling quickly solo can make level 60 in about 11 days playtime, probably a bit less.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Pugsley wrote:

For any people who have made 60 out there, does it slow down much for the last 10 levels? compared to say, 30-40.

speaking from experience in COH going on a character power level kinda ruins the game, i subsequently quit COH so . . . its up to yourself really but it will kinda just show ya that the game is pointless :( atm WoW is too brilliant to be ruined but if i go crazy again its possible

I'm more addicted to WoW at 60 than when I was leveling, more high level content than I expected.

the high level content is lame and poorly designed IMO.

Scholo/Strat/UBRS are kinda good. And u get good items as rewards for doing them. But the jump in difficulty level from those to --->>> onyxia --->>> molten core is just RIDICULOUS.

Not only that but the epic sets u get for doing MC do not represent equal reward for the effort required.

The end game content could do with a LOT of tweaking IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Some people were recommending the cosmos+ UI modification, are there others that one should look at? I'm just using the vanilla now and do keep running out of spaces on the first slot of my item bar....

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote:
    Some people were recommending the cosmos+ UI modification, are there others that one should look at? I'm just using the vanilla now and do keep running out of spaces on the first slot of my item bar....

Cosmos is supposed to be good yeah. I just use the normal default stuff though. You DONT have to have everything on all ur main item bar.

Just use quickbar 2 /3 /4/5 if u need more. I think the hotkey for it is like SHIFT+1, SHIFT +2, and so on and so forth.

Thats what I do.

Qbar 1 = Essential stuff i use everyfight
    Qbar 2 = blessings/buffs and stuff i use less often.

In DAOC there was no such UI availible and I used to use 4 quickbars, while constantly switching between them :P
    Though I can see the advantages of a custom UI, I'd hate to be dependent on it, which is why i've stuck with the default. Though i'm leveling a priest atm and i've a feeling i might have to give in, in order to accomodate all the heal macro's i'm gonna need eventually :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

after using cosmos i dunno how i ever survived without it.
    Being a druid i have a load of attacks and healing spells so it would really slow me down having to quick shift between the bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think I might need one of those mods. Being a hunter I have a whole rake of various different ranged attacks and such enough to fill one bar, then I have all my melee stuff (mostly to do with getting out of melee) on another which fills another full bar.

Flicking between them and my other less used stuff and managing the pet is getting pretty hairy.

Also: LFG Stromgarde Badges.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Get Cosmos if you're a warlock, I have over 20 skills bound to keypresses, so if there's a runner in an instance I can just press V for CoR, or q for drain life, or mouse 4 for dark pact or whatever.

There's at least 20 skills I need to use constantly in fights depending on enemy, group and whatever.

Be so much slower without cosmos. Plus you don't want to use a mouse to click anything in PvP, unfortunately I don't have enough keys within easy reach so I still use mouse for a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I applied Cosmos last night, and indeed it's an excellent extension. Silly things from seeing your damage per second, xp per minute, length of time to level if you keep xping at the same rate, travel speed etc are entertaining, but things like automatically letting your party know when you're at 20% (configurable) health or mana looks quite useful. Also you can see the lengh of time remaining in your buffs. It's full of oodles of features I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

How the hell do I get to stormwind from Menethil? :(

Gryphon to Ironforge, Gryphon or tram to Stormwind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I never used cosmos, as Im currently very very happy with CTmod, can be found here:
    http://wow.warcraftstrategy.com/ctmod/

Comes with everything you will ever need really, as many quickbars as you can shake a stick at, the ability to move the quickbars, block out the grid for unused qb slots, lock icons on qb's, move qb's around, buff timers, can move around the buffs bar, pet health for groups, map notes, ability to send notes to other CTmod users,. There really is everything you can shake a stick at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

DapperGent wrote:
    Gryphon to Ironforge, Gryphon or tram to Stormwind.
    Err, dont you need to have visited places before you can Gryphon-ride to them?

Sorry for off-topicness.

Advertisement