Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW - highest level irish players?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ivan wrote:
    Err, dont you need to have visited places before you can Gryphon-ride to them?
    I guess you must be a nightelf? I think you'll have to walk through the wetlands and through the pass to Loch Modan (you may as well hit the Gryphon master in Theselmar here) then from there to Dun Morogh and Iron Forge. From Ironforge you can get the Deeprun Tram to Stormwind and get that Gryphon route too.

I dunno what level you get to before you leave Night Elf country but I would imagine the Wetlands would be too much for you so stick to the road, Loch Modan is likely to be at your level or a touch above and Dun Morogh a little below or just right. That's just going by the reckoning that Loch Modan was the second place I went to, after Dun Morogh. And that the Wetlands kicked my ass the first time I went. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

grinding is a soul destroying experience it eats away at everything that make you human :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno why anyone grinds at WoW. The quest content is fantastic for the most part, with the exception of the quests that actually require grinding. The only ones I find irritating are ones which require you to kill beastie and get some kind of gizzard from them. Which usually ends up you killing 5 or 6 times the number of beasties as only one in five or so will drop the required gizzard type thing.

I haven't done a single bit of grinding, just gone from quest to quest. It's fun like jam on toast. Unless you're in Stranglethorn vale and several ?? horde are camping the fúcking Hunter's expedition again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Which usually ends up you killing 5 or 6 times the number of beasties as only one in five or so will drop the required gizzard type thing.

Wait till higher levels. There was a quest where the drop % was 0.52%... thats just under 200 beasties :(

I got it in 80 :p

Regarding Night Elves going to IF. Ive seen elves do it at lvl 1 with a couple of help. Lowest ive seen someone solo it was lvl 8 :)

Dying doesnt mean that much anyway and if you stick to the road ull prob be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Aye, it doesnt seem so hard but its a long walk :o
    I have a level 16 Night-Elf Hunter that I want to get two-handed swords with. Dagger just suck in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it took me about 10 mins on my level 14 night elf priest

Aye, shield & heal :P
    I have no such luxuries.
    I've moved onto an Undead Mage, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I finished at lvl 10 beta. I am getting the game thru play.com and will get lvl 60 in my own time. Real queastion is who was the highest lvl player in warcraft 3 the frozen throne. Its easy to become high lvl in wow, but not in tft. My top lvl was 45 and havnt met anyone higher, and never met anyone who beat me online either, but guess my tft days are firmly over, wow all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Im lvl30 about 2 hit 31 on nazerithm (spelling?). im there with alot of my housemates and his guild, would be higher but i dont like grinding and actually go to uni :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

is it true that the high level raids require a 5 + hours sitting to finish them.Seems way over the top to me , playing an instance for so many hours straight. And people playing more than 8+ hours are sick.
    got to level 20 shaman in the final beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Predje wrote:
    is it true that the high level raids require a 5 + hours sitting to finish them.Seems way over the top to me , playing an instance for so many hours straight. And people playing more than 8+ hours are sick.

You need to get out more :D

Why is it so hard to believe? Most other games have things exactly like that. Sure, CoH alone had Positrons quest at level 16ish, which took nigh-on 6 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh god, that one hurt! It would not have been so bad if one of the latter TFs had been so long, but for the first one to be so daunting was a bit silly :-D

But ye, 5+ hours is pretty standard for any large raid things in MMOs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Some high level raid instances are designed to be played over a few days.
    There are save points which when reached will save the instance and allow players to leave and return next day to resume where they left off.

Advertisement