Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GT Champiro Tyres

Options
  • 20-12-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

After a Car-Parking-High-Kerb incident on Saturday I blew out one of my front tyres.

After all I've heard about the GT Champiro Tyres here on the motors forum I went to get some in Advance pitstop, I needed to replace my 4 tyres anyway but was originally hoping till wait to after Christmas.

Anyway I called around the a few places and then went back to Advance, the guys there where great and they replaced my two front tyres and will do the back two today when they get 2 more into stock.

I can see why everyone here who has the GT's are impressed even with all the rain on Saturday the grip on these tyres is excellent and they ride much better than the previous tyres (saya or something like it) plus the price was great (well as good as having to replace 4 tyres a week before Xmas can be) at €80 each for fitting and all, compared to prices of 140+ I was getting for any of the bigger brands Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental.

In case anyone wants to know the prices where expensive because the tyre size on my Primera is 205/50 R16 87V.

I can't get over the huge difference these tyres have made to the handling, Grip, and even less roadnoise, of the car even when the other tyres where new (wen I bought the car) they never felt like these although I did get over 20,000 miles out of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

€80 per tyre is a great price for that size. I must keep an eye out for these tyres.

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I burst a tyre in a pothole recently, headed to Advance Pitstop to get a new Champiro GT but they were sold out of them and I had to settle for a "Tigar" brand tyre instead. The Champiros must be very popular if they're sold out, word must be spreading around that they're an excellent tyre for the price. I've done my bit to spread the word having made a few posts on this board about these tyres, I think Advance Pitstop should pay me for the free advertising :)

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll be in the market for some new tyres next spring/summer so I'll have to remember the name GT Champiro Tyres (and now I'll do a google!)

Does anyone remember the name of that on-line shop which has a very large range of tyres for sale which they deliver?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Is it http://www.eiretyres.com/ that you are thinking about Mike.
    I didnt find them cheap.
    I priced 205/60/R15 Pirrelli P6000 for €83 on eiretyres but I got them locally for €75 and eiretyres pice doesnt include fitting which the €75 did.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'll stick with my Good Year Eagle F1s when I replace my rears in a few weeks (255/40/17 @ €190 :eek: )!

• Advertisement

BabyEater wrote:
    Is it http://www.eiretyres.com/ that you are thinking about Mike.

Cheers thats the crowd.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I was looking at eiretyres to but the price i got the GT's for where good plus it included the fitting getting rid of the old tyres, and balancing, and filling the tyres with nitrogen.

I wonder how much a tyre place would charge you for that if you showed up a set of tyres and asked them to put them on your car.

Furp wrote:
    I wonder how much a tyre place would charge you for that if you showed up a set of tyres and asked them to put them on your car.

Typical balancing cost is €6/7 per wheel I'd say fitting new tyres would be similair time...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

on the site it has a list of places which will fit and balance the new tyres for €10. So you have to add €10 to each wheel you are getting. For me eiretyres would have worked out €72 dearer than localy so I dont think they are cheap.

Advertisement