Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th spot in tournies: Tipping the dealer?

Options
  • 20-12-2004 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

I was lucky to pick up 4th place in the last two Fitz tournaments I played (Friday and Monday events), but as I'm stuffing the dollars in my wallet, I'm wondering should I be leaving something for the dealers. The last three players usually do a deal and sort out the dealers there and then, and the prize for 4th is usually fairly average (500-600), so whats the etiquette here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Not a dealer but I'd say that 5-8% of profit is acceptable. So 500 winning off 100 entry would be about 20/25 euro. Just what I did when I got some and that was acceptable to the dealers. They take a lot of crap generally and work long hours. Ive dealt a few SnG's and am pretty wrecked after it so 6/7 hours of calculating sidepots in PL Saturday will give you an idea of what they deserve.

My tuppence. (Worth considerably less than face value)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If I win well I would usually tip well. If you're looking at a €400 profit from a night I would say €20 would be reasonable, €30 generous and €50 downright extravagant.

5% is a generally accepted figure for poker. I would tend to tip slightly more generously than the generally accepted figure in any situation if I feel the service I've recieved has been excellent. I always feel that way in the Fitz. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Personally I only leave a tip when I finish 3rd or better.
    I always leave 10% (or pretty close to it).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah 5-8% when I come third or better. I dont play the 100 game too often so if I get 4th or worse its usually not much of a profit.

DeV.

Advertisement