Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacuzzi bath accessory thingies

• 20-12-2004 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what them devices are called that you can hook up to a normal bath to give the jacuzzi effect of bubbles and hydrotherapy? Has anyone experience with them? What is your oppinion? Where can I get them and how much are they? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ive got a mat one, which hooks to an electric pump. made by babyliss or something i think. works pretty damn well, comes with remote, there's three settings for varying amounts of bubbles and stuff. got it for about 100e in argos afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool, I think thats the one I was looking at on argos site. So they work well yeah? Should I go for it as a gift for somebody so? thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I got my wife a Babyliss one last year for Xmas she was very impressed, I got it in Boots for just over a hundred but they are cheaper now.

It sounds like the same one you have Seraphina, it has a mat you lay in the bath with suction cups, (only problem is half of over bath has little bumps which can make it tricky to stay down) you run a hose from the mat to the air pump, which you can put on the floor or outside the room there is also plenty of cable with a RCD Breaker switch and a waterproof remote control.

It certainly feels great, but its very loud not only the sound of the air pump(like a hoover), but also all noise of the bubbles in the water.

And whatever ever you do don't add bubble bath or such things to the water ( my wife did once!, and the foam wave which followed was comical as we tried to mop up the bathroom)

Just saw your last post Cormie as a gift for a partner/gf I think its original and you will get lots of brownie points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Beans, lots and lots of beans. About 50c a can in LIDL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Make sure you dont put bubble bath in, I did in mine and started to nap. When I opened my eyes the bubles were about four feat above water level. Nasty to clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Hagar wrote:
    Beans, lots and lots of beans. About 50c a can in LIDL. :D

Damn you, you beat me to it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok so I went to Argos and had a look in the catalogue. It's €134!!! That's crazy! The same one (same catalogue number and all) on the argos UK site is £59, which is about €85. But it was reduced from £89 which is about €127. I tried about 4 different boots outlets and didn't see it anywhere.

However, I saw one in Roches Stores in The Square, Tallaght, for €75.

Seemed to do the same job except it had only 2 settings low and high relaxation. Had remote and all that too. So I bought it. Hopefully it wont be terrible compared to the Babyliss product. Nearly half the price anyway so here's hoping it does the job. It was a JML product. Anybody have experience with this brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, but I understand that they are fairly cheap quality.... They have those tackie ads on TV.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shsh_shah

Hi,

i have a question how to make a good relax massage\bubble bath with different relaxation oils

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Jill Jet, invented by the big bloke (Penn) from Penn & Teller
    In July 1999, Jillette was granted U.S. Patent 5,920,923 for the "Jill-Jet", a hot-tub jet specially angled for a woman's pleasure. He has credited Debbie Harry of Blondie for suggesting the idea, as the two of them were once in a hot-tub and Harry made a remark about changing the jets for a woman's pleasure. Jillette liked the idea enough to pursue patent application at the USPTO under the patent title "Hydro-therapeutic stimulator".[19] The abstract of the patent explains that a "discharge nozzle is located within the tub and connected to the outlet, mounted to the seat so that the discharged water from the circulation pump automatically aligns with and is directed to stimulation points (e.g., the clitoris) of the female user when the female user sits in the seat." An article in the June 2006 issue of Playboy shed additional light on the invention. Originally, it was to be called the "ClitJet", however he stated that "Jill-Jet" was more suitable because it included his name in the title.

On the Penn Radio show, telling the listeners about the photo shoot for the Playboy article, Jillette mentioned that he has a Jill-Jet installed in a tub at "The Slammer", and that several of his female friends and friends' spouses enjoy it a lot, but he is not aware of any other installations of a water jet in such a configuration anywhere else.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_Jillette#Jill-Jet

Advertisement