Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming gaming gone.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Balfa wrote:
    Is that your opinion? or fact?
    it's my opinion that Sega's ESPN NFL 2k5 is better than EA's NFL 2005. And that NBA 2k5 is better than NBA Live 2005. And that College Hoops is 2k5 is better than March Madness 2005
    And it's also my opinion that you've probably never played any of the above.

edit: And i haven't played NHL 2005 yet, but NHL 2k5 is WAY better than NHL 2004.

also, for people who are lost by this point, note that anything "2k5" is Sega and "2005" is EA :)

edit edit: oh, and sega's games are all released at $19.99. Fantacular!

I've played NFL2k5 and NHL2k5. I'm not a big ice hockey fan anyway but i'd be 50/50 on the NHL games.
    Madden is much much better than NFL2k5 though IMO. In fact, NFL2k5 puts a lot of reliance on stupid celbrity appearances and the TV-style presentation(just the things EA get accused of), while Madden simply plays a better game.
    Sega's games are released at $19.99 because it was the only way for them to compete with the far more popular EA games. That price point is a result of supply and demand, not a result of them wanting to be generous. If they charged full price they'd have made less money because sales would drop by a larger figure than the revenue-per-sale would increase.

By the way that is just my opinion, it's also the opinion of the people I usually play Madden with, it's also the opinion of the vast majority of reviews I've read, and it's also backed up by Madden having greater sales in spite of the higher price. There's no such thing as 'fact' when it comes to one game being better than another. There's people who'd rather play Minesweeper than Metroid Prime. So of course it's opinion.

Advertisement