Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PO'Kar taketh away, then giveth, then taketh away..

Options
  • 20-12-2004 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

..I wish he'd make up his fcuking mind!!!

Had a few hours to kill yesterday so I decided to play in the $1,250 Guaranteed Rebuy game on VC.

Nothing too exciting for the first 4 blind levels, I've built my stack up to around 10K, no rebuys and in a reasonable position. Last hand before the freezeout and I've got AA, I'm on the BB next 3 players fold, next player goes all-in for 2K, player to his left reraises all-in for 13k all fold to me. What else could I do except call.

Player 1 has Aks
    Player 2 has QQ
    Moi has AA

Flop is rags
    Turn is a Q
    River is rags and I've lost all my chips...

So I'm offered the chance to top-up to 2K, decide I will because there's no way I'm going out that way. 3 hands later I have KK and go all-in, 2 callers and they hold up and now I've got 5.5k. Very next hand I get AKs, player all-in ahead of me, I call and hit an A on the flop and now I have 11K...

Play goes back and forward and I'm and down like you wouldn't believe. At one point with the blinds at 800-1600 and 20 players left I'm down to 1K. A couple of double throughs later and I'm on the final table with 40K in front of me. First two players gone within the first few hands, and I'm facing an all-in for 35K with KK in my hand. I call, he has Aks and hit's an A, so I'm down to 5K, couple of hands later I go all in on 55 (blinds were 1000-2000, so it was either all-in or fold) two callers and I hit a 5 on the flop brings me back up to 17K.

At this stage were down to 6 players, blinds are 2000-4000 I have 15K and I'm in the BB with A5s. Everyone folds to the SB who flat calls, I raise all-in and he calls like lightning before turning over AA. I type in gg all and then realise I've hit a straight with 234 coming out on the flop, rag turn and river!! He went out two hands later when he was outdrawn again with KK against TT.

So we're down to 5 players and I'm by far the smallest stack, I've about 25K and the rest have in excess of 80K. Blinded away and lost a pot, I've about 5K left and the blinds are up to 2000-4000, I went all-in on 55 and both the SB and BB called needless to say..

The BB had 62o and hit a 6 on the river to win the pot, so 5th place and a few quid, but what a rollercoaster ride.

PO'Kar sure likes his kicks..

Advertisement