Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite ways of scoring goals

Options
  • 20-12-2004 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've seen a few threads relating to people having trouble in front of goal. What are peoples favorite ways of scoring?

-Heading from corners
    Prob the easiest way to score in the last evo. Not as easy now. I find an outswinging corner that curves back in usually tricks the keeper. A good kick taker with a tall player helps though. Good against a small defence (like Mexico), not so good against the likes of Norway.

-Crossing
    Causes turmoil if the ball is put in sweetly. I always cross with L1 held usually running as deep to the goal line as I can.

-Cutbacks
    A personal favourite. When in a position to cross cut back inside the defender and X the ball to the edge of the penalty area. Hit first time these cannot be stopped if on target. Usually press shoot when the striker/midfielder is not visible on screen but indicator is.

-Lay off
    Similar to the cutback but from further out and performed with Triangle or X. I find this is the best way to score from outside the area. Usually press shoot when the player is a few feet away from the ball for max power.

-Chip
    Find this harder in Pro Evo 4 but still effective. I tend to use the R1 and Square instead of the 3 tap's on shoot. Difficult if there is an angle in the equation.

-Through Pass
    On the ground 90% of the time as most defences seem to be able to cope with the ball in the air. Just like previous game trying to always find the killer pass doesn't seem to work. When the chance is there they work sweetly (a la Milan Baros against Newcastle yesterday).

-Long ball
    The up and at em thankfully still works. Good for counter attack if the defenders don't like the ball in the air or if you have a big striker. Amazing how many times defenders let the ball bounce, even on 5*.

-Free Kicks
    An art in itself but < 20 with a good kicker and you should be looking to score.
    Is anyone else trying the R3 method with 2 players over the ball?

-Bicycle kick's
    Rare enough when playing with a lesser team. Haven't scored one yet but have come close.

-Fool the keeper
    Got to be one of the best ways. Nothing like a little dummy past the keeper and slotting home into an open net LOL!

Personally I like the lay off method when a player rockets from outside the box almost bursting the net leaving the opposition stunned ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

ITs quite easy to just sprint past the keepers at an angle and then slot the ball home. Chip is good too, almost a little too easy to score with it though.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, I love going past the keepers myself. It's very frustrating for whoever you're playing. I love long range shots too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Defender wins tackle passes to midfielder runs into space slips it tru for striker who with 1st touch places it past keeper.
    1 tackle 2 passes 1 shot goal , perfect.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I like playing with Ronaldhino and pegging it towards the keeper, shot fake and slide it in. Lobs are cool when the keeper is running back to goal and falls on his arse.
    Almost scored from about 45 yds out last night with Ronnie, hit the bloody post.
    But the best and probably hardest way to score is a screamer of a volley...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tbh the best goals are ones you didnt expect, loose ball in midfield and a player running onto it and thunders it in from 30 yards.

/just hit the bar with Rui Costa with one of them

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

I like a tapin in the 6 yard box after a good passing move.

Or a freak long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I like sucking the centre halves out wide, passing the ball in to the unmarked striker and slotting it past the goalie or sidestepping him and tapping in.
    The best goal I scored was a through ball from Edmilson about half way in my own half to Saviola who picked it up on the half-way line then ran to the edge of the centre circle and cracked it into the top right corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

half volley out of nowhere from 30 yards into the top corner. pure fluke but so sweet it just dipped under the bar.

havent been on boards for ages, cant belive they made a pro ev forum. class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ball headed out from a corner to be caught sweetly by scholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the through ball then the chip is the best way to score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Keyzer wrote:
    But the best and probably hardest way to score is a screamer of a volley...

I agree , recently I scored the greatest goal I have scored in any Pro Evo/ISS with a half volley from Rooney 35 yards out into the top corner against Sweden , and here was me thinking all the hype about Rooney is too much but if he can do that in real life there certainly couldnt be enoguh hype for him . When I hit it I just thought to myself OMFG!!! , because I knew it was going in.............what a memory .

Big Ears wrote:
    I agree , recently I scored the greatest goal I have scored in any Pro Evo/ISS with a half volley from Rooney 35 yards out into the top corner against Sweden , and here was me thinking all the hype about Rooney is too much but if he can do that in real life there certainly couldnt be enoguh hype for him . When I hit it I just thought to myself OMFG!!! , because I knew it was going in.............what a memory .

did ya save it to your memory card mate

snoopdog wrote:
    did ya save it to your memory card mate

not on ps2 but I saved it on a memory block .

Makaveli wrote:
    I like sucking the centre halves out wide.......

Disgusting.... ;-)

Keyzer wrote:
    Disgusting.... ;-)
    lol lol lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

half way line efforts not as easy as in PES3 though

Keyzer wrote:
    Disgusting.... ;-)

Hey, whatever it takes. Sometimes you've got to take one for the team. ;)

Makaveli wrote:
    Hey, whatever it takes. Sometimes you've got to take one for the team. ;)

Haha, reading your original post reminded me of those silly quotes from footballers that are full of innuendo so I couldnt resist, not saying your post was silly though...

People these days just have filthy minds.
    It must be all that music television kids are watching.

Just got hammered by Real Madrid playing as Arsenal (who I thought were the best team in the game), bloody impossible to play against, they are too good....

Had a funny game earlier, every time i got the ball I did a marseille turn, some funny moments as a result...

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    Just got hammered by Real Madrid playing as Arsenal (who I thought were the best team in the game), bloody impossible to play against, they are too good....

Had a funny game earlier, every time i got the ball I did a marseille turn, some funny moments as a result...

The problem with Arsenal when you play with them is they have too much possesion and therefore the opposition always have at least 9 men behind the ball , a worse player may have done better as he would invite Madrid onto him and be able to hit them with counter attacks .Also Bergkamp is too slow to be effective , replace him with Reyes .

Makaveli wrote:
    People these days just have filthy minds.
    It must be all that music television kids are watching.

i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i seem to have so much trouble shotting due to the fact that any time im near the box theres always 4/5 defenders in it to block shots/stop me from getting near the goalie nm trying the cheeky square X job :( ,

anyway my fav goals are the bcycle kicks but they're so hit and miss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Shots from the half way line are SO easy.

I must have about 10 of the good ones saved on me harddrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

silvestre picked the ball up just before the halfway line, ran past the centre circle and belted it, right over the keeper! such a good feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

My favourite is the slide rule through ball to the striker, either finish with a chip, or dummy the keeper and roll it into the net.

Best goal I scored though was when i was playing as real, mickey owen had the ball on the edge of the area - was running as if to go in to the box on his left foot, but dragged back, along the edge of the area and chipped it into the top corner with the keeper actually on the line. You could not have a more perfect (lucky :D) chip than this! Oh there were also about 5 defenders in the box, in the way - thats why i tried to chip it. Was amazed it came off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Playing as Chelsea, versus Newcastle I ran with Duff from my box on the counter attack all the way up to the other box down the wing, made like I was going to keep running towards the goal line and cross in into the box, but did a lovely little dummy, found a bit of space and blasted it in from outside the box. Sweeeeeet. Felt bad for Given though, he looked gutted, poor chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 johnscone

i like when ur winger gets arond the back of the full backs and u triple tap cross and the ball comes in nice and low to meet 1 of ur strikers who taps it in first time. it can come of there knees but is still class.

Advertisement