Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth SDIO Card

Options
  • 20-12-2004 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Guys,

Can you recommend a decent Bluetooth SDIO Card for my PDA.

I want to use it in conjuction with my Bluetooth enabled Laptop and also Nokia 6600.

Also possibly a Bluetooth GPS reciever for the car.

I have looked around and they are pretty expensive anyone know of a decent priced one and also pro's and cons of using them

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

how about the one for sale here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=206225&goto=newpost

one Q whats is a sdio card?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have this one in my Dell Axim X3i

http://www.socketcom.com/product/BL4800-392.asp

works great, got it from Expansys.co.uk.

SDIO is an SD card that can be somthing other then a memmory card (regualr SD). I have SDIO WLAN, Bluetooth and Webcams here as welll as memmory cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

How much did it set you back and the WIFI SDIO option is another possiblity aswell Hmmmmmmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

the wifi one is well handy with the 256 MB, pity you can't get a combined Bluetooth/WIFI and 256 MB + card would be well handy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you may want to ensure compatibility with your PDA first... some PDAs only work with SD memory cards or require a ROM upgrade to work with SDIO cards, and even if the PDA is SDIO compatible it may not work with some SDIO cards!

best check the SDIO card vendor's site (e.g. Socket or Pretec) to see if they support your device or there are any special requirements

Yep my PDA can support SD/MMC and also SDIO :)

Maybe if I hold on a few months we might get a triple combo card with BT/WIFI and Storage. :confused:

Advertisement