Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of help needed with banner for site

Options
  • 20-12-2004 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey lads!

just wondering would anyone be able to give a lash at sprucing up the banner we have on our site at the moment, it looks a little bland and doesnt really fit our site if you know what i mean. Have a look around too and sign the guestbook if you want! some funny stuff on the site

site: http://www.thespacemonkeymafia.cjb.net

apologies for pop-ups in advance, very annoying i know!

image: smm_title.jpg

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

smm2.jpg

and with your *horrible* ;) choice of background colour:

smm.jpg

I know the font choice is probably innapropriate for a space money mafia setting, but i can revisit that if you like the concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This is pretty large and it's in png form. It'll look better in firefox if you have it.
    monkey.txt
    My image hosting sucks but I'm too lazy to find one that doesn't...

[edit] :mad: Changing it back to gif. PNG + IE makes that crappy brown paperbag bag

[edit 2] Here's what it might look like on your frontpage:
    http://www.angelfire.com/bug/wertzer/smm.txt

Wertz wrote:
    This is pretty large and it's in png form. It'll look better in firefox if you have it.
    monkey.txt

[edit] :mad: Changing it back to gif. PNG + IE makes that crappy brown paperbag bag

bizarre the way ie doesn't work with png properly yet.

possibly more appropriate font:

smm3.jpg

But I guess the real question is is it a monkey or a teddy bear. :confused:

edit: damn, just tested it on some friends. its a ****ing bear. back to the drawing board.

Sure it is a fine barn simpson, but it is no pool.

Is it a monkey yet?

sm4.jpg

Coming soon, illustrator tutorial #496: how to draw a monkey that looks like a bear and turn that bear into a recognisable monkey, by dangerman.

I couldn't care if you use this or not, it's become some sort of life long quest for me. Look out for the making of documentary on this coming soon.

turnbearintomonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

dangerman wrote:
    I couldn't care if you use this or not, it's become some sort of life long quest for me. Look out for the making of documentary on this coming soon.

turnbearintomonkey.jpg

Haha thats brilliant Dangerman!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

rofl, nice one dangerman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

nice one lads! i didnt pick the background colour by the way! that was some other guy...ahem...

keep em coming lads! im liking what im seeing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

found this picture when i decided to search for monkey mafia on google image search

spacemonkeymafia5yf.gif

coincidence????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

my effort even though i dont agree with completely copying sumone else name :P

spacemonkeymafia9oa.jpg

DeBeere wrote:
    my effort even though i dont agree with completely copying sumone else name :P

spacemonkeymafia9oa.jpg

nice. bit of dodgy anti-aliasing on the sides of the monkey character though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Wertz wrote:
    monkey.txt

Internet Explorer can't display PNGs fully. Both GIFs and PNGs can have tranparent regions, but GIFs only have 'fully transparent' and 'not transparent', ie only 2 options, PNGs can have 256 (or more, I can't remember exactly) different transparent types, so you can have a semi-transparent bit. IE can't display PNGs with semi-transparent bits, it can only display PNGs with the 2 value type of transparency. Firefox can handle PNGs much better.

Shame really cause it would give web designers and artists more options. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

DeBeere wrote:
    found this picture when i decided to search for monkey mafia on google image search

spacemonkeymafia5yf.gif

coincidence????

i belive they sell clothes and we thought up of our name while listening to "We didnt start the Fire" by Billy Joel theres a line in a verse "space monkey mafia"

coincidence......i think not!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You hardly thought it up if it's a line out of "We didn't start the fire" :p .

Advertisement