Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Err can i complain about ....

Options
  • 09-10-2000 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

<rant>OMG i was a bus for an hour and 10 minutes going into school this morning last 4 days i've been late the bus "supposely" leaves at 7.50 and its earliest one there thats feasible. 4 days in a row i've been late for school, bar gettin given out to constantly for it in school, i come into my first class of the day and i dont know whats going on as i've missed alot of whats happened. The amazing thing is i like in a rural area and its about 8 miles from my school :mad If its this bad in cork i can imagine what its like in dublin ffs i think they should do something about our services before letting refugees in. </rant>

You can complain about your $hitty bus service all you want but don't start giving us this crap about refugees.

[Ir(for the itfl)]Molly

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 10-10-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You were a bus for an hour and 10 minutes? Must have been fun... what did it feel like? Are your wheels sore?

But seriously... Just what do the inadequacies of the rural bus service have to do with refugees?

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

LOL smile.gif
    I didn't spot that myself, I think my brain filtered it out as insane... and somehow managed to appear as "I was in a bus".

But anyway...
    I think even if 'fugees weren't flooding in, the transport system here would still be cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ah the wonders of the 15B on a rainey schoolday. Sit in a warm relaxing atmosphere (read: Raining inside) watching those with more sense walk the 2 miles into town. God knows they will be there before you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

get on your bike, you bunch of lazy ****bags!!!

Schoolkids getting buses frown.gifrolleyes.gif

In my day we had to walk to school in our barefeet, uphill both ways. and when we got there the teacher would trash us whether we were late or not!! biggrin.gif

But seriously public transport and refugees are mutually exclusive issues of public policy (both of which the current government is making a laithroidi of).

Silly little schoolchildren should spend more time excercising and doing their homework than spreading hate on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hear hear, C B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hour and ten minutes eh.. haha thats nothing.
    try the 67a in the mornings smile.gif
    or the magical mystery 19a that never ever arrives when your waiting for it in phibsboro regardless of the timetable..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The last half mile to college took me 35 minutes last thursday eek.gif. I would have got out and walked but there was nowhere to park frown.gif

Usually my 10 mile journey takes 30 minutes. 20 miles an hour is not a good average speed when you consider about 8 miles of that jouney would be done at 70mph on the dual-carrigeway.

I know it's un-popular but I think more has to be done to force people out of their cars in urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Ahh Creed, the trusty 15B. Where'd you come from on it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

If you want something to really tee you off - try sitting in a car for an hour and a half to go 10 miles. Ah, you say why not take the dart, train or bus. There in lies the problem. To get the dart I have to travel 3 miles to Malahide which with the current policing of the Swords round-about will take me 40 minutes and then get the dart, but because the dart drivers are in dispute (even thought they were paid £8,000 earlier this year to do this job) they only put the darts on after 11am in the morning so the train, which is the alternative, is packed, so you have to stand the 20-30 minutes into town and then I would have to walk a good 20 minutes to the office. The bus alternative is another disaster. Our bus takes us on the scenic route around the airport which adds a further 20 minutes to the 30 minute journey and then I would have to get another bus to the office. By the time I'd get to the office in the morning it would be time to start the trek home again.

The country is in chaos - help!

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have to take...

10 minute walk, timed so I arrive when the bus arrives (otherwise it's a 40 minute wait).

10 minute bus.

10 minute wait tops.

20 minute train ride.

10 minute wait (there abouts)

10 minute train ride.

10 minute walk.

That's why I have my office set up at home. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Cycle.

I can't cycle.

Or what I mean is the roads I'm around are for cars not bicycles, it would also be longer to get there.

Not to mention your avg winter temperture is -20C

Me? .. .. .. I :

* pack in like a sardine into an overcrowded, sweaty, humid death-trap of a clapped-out old suburban train, with (quite literally) barely room to breathe, usually wodged up against the door or the back of someone elses head.
    * walk across platforms and through the subway to get out of Connolly station (hurry up and reopen the suburban entrance already!.. jeez)
    * walk for 10 mins down amiens st./north strand

thats to get to work... then the reverse to get back, except with the ****ing annoying kids of north strand/amiens street and the flats there occasionally throwing stuff at the passers by ... (eggs, their sandwiches from school lunch, rocks, whatever...)

If I had a car, I'd drive. I don't care about the traffic jams. I don't care about it taking longer, and I don't care about the increased price of getting to work- petrol and all that. It would be infinitely better than the current train service, and the fact that by the time the train gets to my stop (Donabate), you're lucky if you can squeeze in the door and stand in the doorway, never mind get into the carriage proper where the seats are.

I've said my piece...

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 10-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Well done castor for editing the topic starter.

i'm suprised more people didn't take up on it or maybe they were just ignoring it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I know i was ignoring the ignorant comment.

Like the rest of you I have had similar horrendous experiences with bus train and even taxis, especially late at night on a saturday/sunday. I had to wait for two hours in town one night waiting for a taxi, and while waiting I also saw a few fights (over queue skipping) and it's quite horrible to think that the gov are not going to be laying on more taxis, busses or trains anytime soon. I was also waiting for a bus eireann bus from dundalk to dublin for three hours one day, and funny thing is that when a bus finally does have room for you it then takes 2+ hours to get to the city centre, and if I were to drive to Blanchardstown from Dundalk it would take at most 1 and a half hours, now thats a load of c0ck, because when I do finally get to the city centre its another possible hour wait for a bus to Blanch plus a one and a half hour bus journey to get there, again a load of c0ck.

My final thoughts on the matter is that CIE are running a circus not a business.

Actually I didn't even notice the comment. Shame on you Molly, shame on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

elpres and i travelled europe this year by train, we visited spain, italy, austria, germany, sweden, denmark and holland.
    in all those places, in cities, in suburbs and in intercity travel, only one form of public transport was late. a train in onsnabruck in germany was late by 18 minutes.
    so cie can run a proper service. they just need the money.

so where is that fine bit of gear mary harney and that rapier wit we call mr mccreevy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Never mind the fukken busses try getting a taxi in town at 2 in the morning on a Friday night youy could wait anything from 1 hour and a half to 2 hours ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The breif period I was in Munich was lovely.

Just about anywhere in the city was only about five minutes from the U-Bahn. My morning journey was a 5 minute walk to the subway, which was never too crowded even at the height of rush hour (trains every ten minutes). A fifteen minute journey to the nearest station to work (just about any journey wouldn't take more than 30 minutes) and another five minute walk to work.

That's how it should be done.

refugees? racism? I didn't see the unedited post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I didnt edit his post - just added a sentence of my own at the end re. his last sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Kali:
    or the magical mystery 19a that never ever arrives when your waiting for it in phibsboro regardless of the timetable..
    LOL, so true. smile.gif
    I spent about an hour waiting for that ****ing bus in sub-zero conditions.

DublinBus = PANTS

yoink

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Kali:

try the 67a in the mornings smile.gif
    I avoided that bus like the plague in the mornings after it took an HOUR to get from Maynooth to Lucan. And then it took another hour and a half to get to the city center. Doom and gloom.

Draco

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Regular bus user in Cork to get to work (1.5 hours), so I sympathise with the post. My only theory is that CIE are on a go-slow action but reglected to tell the
    rest of us. rolleyes:

fair is the prize and the hope is great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Canaboid, 'twould be T Road East.

When I worked in Gateway I ended up cycling, about 8 miles or so. Used to make it in 50 mins, whereas it was a minimum 90 by bus. A bike is the best way to get around town, weather permitting.....

Thankfully Rush hour traffic is summat I no longer have to worry about.. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Ah, coming from Ballyroan meself.

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    I didnt edit his post - just added a sentence of my own at the end re. his last sentence.

And damn right you were too to do that, Castor. Damn right you were. Damn right. Damn.

Bard
    Repeating things profoundly for dramatic effect. Oh Yes.
    -me-

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 11-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

three little words to solve Dublins traffic conjestion.....trams, trams, trams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

rather simplistic solution there, in that case it would get much much much much much much much much much worse before it got even a tiny bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

As the say C.I.E.= Cycling Is Easier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

We could get transporters like in startrek!

(note: Scientists have successfully transported a "particle" a few cm's-still not sure how successful this will turn out to be smile.gif)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement