Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheet music for the snowman

Options
  • 20-12-2004 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Any one got the sheet music to I'm walking in the air? You know the theme song from the Snowman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Len_007 wrote:
    Any one got the sheet music to I'm walking in the air? You know the theme song from the Snowman?
    It's by Aled Jones.... a quick search in google should give ya a result

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The Finnish metal band Nightwish did a cover of this song. Of course if you're not into Metal then you may not like it :)

Try this:
    Download the guitar tab program Power Tab from here http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php (5.5Mb) and then download the tab of the song from here http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,11267 (7.5Kb)

Once Power Tab is installed, open up the Snowman file and it will be displayed as guitar tab with sheet music for the piano which can be viewed/printed out at your leisure. Unfortunately it's one person's interpretation of the song which may or may not be correct :-) But then again it is free and you can edit the layout yourself if you are so inclined...

I've had a quick look at it but I can't verify how good it is since I'm at work and supposed to be doing other stuff :)

Also as Fletch pointed out, searching Google should probably also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

fletch wrote:
    It's by Aled Jones.... a quick search in google should give ya a result

Sorry to be pedantic but it's actually by Howard Blake. Aled Jones sang a version of it, the one that made it popular and he did the cartoon version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sorry to be pedantic but it's actually by Howard Blake. Aled Jones sang a version of it, the one that made it popular and he did the cartoon version too.

Ha ha! I was waiting for someone to mention this. I seem to remember reading something about how the guy that actually sang the version from "The Snowman" released it as a single AFTER Aled Jones released the same one. Predictably, Mr. Jones' version became the most well-known one and is the one that is trotted out without fail every year around this time. Does anyone else remember the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I sure do remember the story.... if you get any cheep, not so good Christmas album that poor kid's version of Walking in the Air is on it.... it's not very good and always a disappointment.
    He actually did the original soundtrack for the cartoon but then after Aled's version became so popular it was re-recorded.... how sad.
    Just think, if his version had been successful he could have been wearing a pink waistcoat and twirling around the floor on come dancing.... some people have all the luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement