Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The revamped Central Bus station in Cork looks great.

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Victor wrote:
    North Mall?
    The north-facing wall of the Opera House. They put a big stage door and a couple of windows into it when they refurbished but it still looks fierce bleak. How much would it cost to stick a massive mural up there? One a year even, make it a Cork thing.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

they should let that anthony ruby fella loose on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I was inside the bus station today and I have to say it's dire. It's totally unfinished. Same doors, and same seats. Battered and padlocked lockers in the middle of the floor. Very odd. Very empty looking and the space is just very cold. Like some waiting room in the hospital.

They need some kind of showpiece in it. Outside you can't spot the rebricks on the ground now because of all the filth from the construction. They're all grey and white looking.

They need some natural things in there like plants and some nice local wood or something like that. Imaginative lighting would also be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If that is a listed building I need

Its a listed building because of the size of its windows is very unusall but ive heard plans for apartments there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭logonapr

Bus station a major improvement on what must have been one of the ugliest buildings anywhere in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

jank wrote:
    Its a listed building because of the size of its windows
    What about the size of it's windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PaddyOC

i was in cork 2 days ago
    Truthfully i think it looks well the sails on the front suit it (well at leat they keep u dry)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The windows are unsual/rare or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The toilets were terrible alright. Blood, ****, vomit were all regulars at the toilets floor of Cork Bus station. I complained plenty of times but nothing ever happened. Hopefully Toilet Roll will be stocked regularly too. I remember one time.......

The bums of Cork should be banned from the toilets and proper public toilets be made available. I hate having to rush through McDonalds with my head low and going to the bog.

Advertisement