Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janus GridEX (ffs)

Options
  • 20-12-2004 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

How do I stop it from sorting alphabetically? Can't find the right property anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Phil, i've just bound a Janus Grid to a data set and didn't find it sorting in any particular manner.

Its just added the rows how they came out of the datasource.

Now if you go into the column of the grid then you can set the AllowSorting to be true or false.

I tried to add a add a sort key and set its value to be unsorted, but it spat back an error, quite rightly so. Why would you add a sort key and set it to be unsorted. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've tried the AllowSorting and it didn't work. Must be the dataset that's doing it.

You sure theres not an Order By thrown in somewhere that you forgot about?

Any joy on this?

On another note i ound a bug in the grid. If you have a grid with a dropdown(pulling from a different table) in one of the columns and then set a grouping by that column then the display member isn't picked up from the dropdown until after you scroll the grid of click the cell.

Example:
    Grid with
    Employee ID, First Name, Last Name , SiteID (forgein key to site table)

SiteID is the column with a drop down which has its source as everything from the sites table. The Dropdown display member should be the SiteName

Add the group (being SiteID column) and run the app. When it loads it will be the SiteID displaye and not the SiteName from the Dropdown display member.

It works properly iof you do all the above in code though. You have to do the above in the designer and the bug will appear.

Just though i'd share!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet Peace but we found that exact same dropdown/gird bug yesterday evening. Thanks for the fix :)

• Advertisement

Weird, that when i found it... stop stalking me.

Advertisement