Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misc small issues

Options
  • 20-12-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Receptionist (looking at me in a bemused way): You can go in now, but don't provoke them.

Me: Thanks, and it's for charity so stfu!

/me bows before a thoroughly unkempt throng of Admins

I'm normally loath to prompt the Admins to do anything, unless it's funny, but on this occasion I feel the need to poke.

1. Journals still seem to be censored. Can we get this removed?
    2. The Journal part of the boards menu is still borked.
    3. I hate people posting all in caps as much as the next person but I feel that restricting this And Instead Making People Talk Like The Forces Of Evil Are Controlling Them isn't much better.

I will sacrafice several small goats as a tribute to the glory of the Admins and may all their christmas's be multi-ethnic and full of joy.

Thank you,

/me bows several times before walking towards the door but instead falling off the upper balcony of the Killiney villa that the Admins reside in.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I#ve always wondered about the journals menu... If I subscribe to a journal... then click it in my sub list, I just get brought to the main Journal page... Is that the kind of Borked-ness you're talking about?

John

(I am bored)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pam wrote:
    /me bows several times before walking towards the door but instead falling off the upper balcony of the Killiney villa that the Admins reside in.

I doubt you'll get what you are looking for as you forgot to back out of the room slowly and did not remain bowed the whole time while walking in reverse....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Amz wrote:
    *shrug*
    I'm with the chick on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I refer you both to the title of this thread which is "Misc Small Issues". But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

• Advertisement

At first I thought you'd posted this here by accident and that it was really intended for PI.

As I continued to read I realised I was right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

pam wrote:
    Receptionist (looking at me in a bemused way): You can go in now, but don't provoke them.

Me: Thanks, and it's for charity so stfu!

/me bows before a thoroughly unkempt throng of Admins

I'm normally loath to prompt the Admins to do anything, unless it's funny, but on this occasion I feel the need to poke.

3. I hate people posting all in caps as much as the next person but I feel that restricting this And Instead Making People Talk Like The Forces Of Evil Are Controlling Them isn't much better.

I will sacrafice several small goats as a tribute to the glory of the Admins and may all their christmas's be multi-ethnic and full of joy.

Thank you,

Request:

Thank you,

Now, wasn't that easier? Oh wait, did I forgot something? No, I dont think so, they're both equally funny.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Amz wrote:
    At first I thought you'd posted this here by accident and that it was really intended for PI.

As I continued to read I realised I was right ...

please don't encourage him, we get enough sh!te in there already!

Sangre wrote:
    Request:

Thank you,

Now, wasn't that easier? Oh wait, did I forgot something? No, I dont think so, they're both equally funny.

Well it's slightly easier in that it would have taken off about 2 minutes of the total time required to type out the post. Probably a shorter amount of time than it took you to post your reply.

You don't find my light-hearted parody of the Admins funny? Should I have hit harder perhaps? Should I have taken a leaf from your book and called them "Part time admins, full time faggots."? Because we all know that's the height of comedy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me raises hand.... I don't

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Question, to add to the list

Why arent ordinary regular board users not allowed post in prison?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why arent ordinary folk allowed to sleep in prisons if they need a place to kip for the night.

Why arent prisoners allowed to have friends and family in for sleep-overs for that matter....

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ColHol wrote:
    Question, to add to the list

Why arent ordinary regular board users not allowed post in prison?

They aren't not!
    So what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Solution...ban ColHol =p

In fairness, who would ever want to post in the prison forum?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Raphael wrote:
    Solution...ban ColHol =p

In fairness, who would ever want to post in the prison forum?

I would, if for nothing else than to point and laugh. :p

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

BEAT wrote:
    I would, if for nothing else than to point and laugh. :p
    hahapenis.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Class :D

Teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What? No poking and prodding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

/me pokes victor

Victor wrote:
    What? No poking and prodding?

No need. I suspect Admins are cautious when replying to my threads. It hasn't gone well for them in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Why arent ordinary folk allowed to sleep in prisons if they need a place to kip for the night.

Ordinary folk are allowed sleep in prisons if they need a place to sleep for the night. It's called protective custody, and you get put in with a bunch of drunks.

That's generally a holding cell in a Garda station which is not the equivilant of a prison.

Not always though. I spent the night in a cell in the county prison when I had no place to go one night in America last year. I knew someone who was put in protective custody in the prison in Limerick (or near there).

Uh huh ...

what does that mean then?
    Are you suggesting something? I was brought there only because I had nowhere to go on a cold night.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Uh huh...

Advertisement