Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring Back The Stocks

• 20-10-2000 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Would anyone disagree with stocks being brought back??? Ritual humiliation i think would be a greater deterrant for a lot of people, also would give a nice family day out!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yah and instead of throwing rotten fruit-&-veg, we could throw bricks, bottles and petrol bombs smile.gif

I heard something a few months ago about some guy (criminal) who had to wear a 'sandwich-board' with "I did..(blah blah)" written on it, and was made to walk down a busy street all day for a week, or something.
    Apparently he went on the straight and narrow after that, but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Nah that was a fellow who was caught on camera and by police pi$$ing on a pass card machine they made him stand outside the pass card machine with a "I'm sorry" board for 24 hours, but when asked by the press he couldn't remember doing it because he was so drunk LoL so its not really punishment more like embarrassment.

Damn that spell checker, fella = fellow hahaha

[This message has been edited by Take it (edited 21-10-2000).]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement