Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P45s

• 20-12-2004 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hey I just left work where I've been for the last year and a half.

I'll be studying for the next month or so and then I'll go back to work somewhere else and I was just wondering do I need to bother getting a P45 cos someone told me I wouldn't need it because it's going to be into a new tax year.

Just wondering cos it's gonna be a load of hassle to get cos the woman in work who deals with this sort of thing is a tool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Think you'll only need the P45 to claim any tax that you might have overpaid. Not sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes you need your P45.
    its an official document, and they are obliged to give it to you regardless of whether or notyou actually want or need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

SteveD,
    Generally, your P45 will be pinned to your last paycheck. Alternatively it will be posted out to you within 1-2 weeks of finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Anyone know what you do if you've lost it and want to reclaim over paid tax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

talk to the nice people at the tax office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement