Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

God I hate Quinn Direct

Options
  • 20-12-2004 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Got quote from quinn in september for €2700 for me on a vw caddy van. Being 23 with a claim in the last 5 years thats actually good and because the claim is still open i cant go to any other insurance comapanies/they wont touch me! So that was grand but i didnt end up going ahead as i was tryig to get the money together instead of paying over the year. Rang them up today to go ahead with the quote and after doing the entire question process again was told my quote was now €3600. Why? She couldnt offer any reason except "the rates may have changed". Fairly disgusted and have no idea what to do or who i can complain to. Sick of insurance in this country.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

rates can and do go down as well as up. I had a price go down by €100 (to about 650 a couple of years ago) - till then I hadn't really thought about it but needless to say I was both lucky and delighted!
    As far as I know rates are adjusted on a monthly basis. Also offers are only valid for about a month (max) so if you were offered a price in Sept then it would have lasted about a month from when you were quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I rang up eagle star recently and they require claim free for 3 years - dont know if this would help or if your claim is still within last 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

QD need a good kick up the arse to be honest. But I'm not complaining because my quote/insurance worked out in my favour.

I was given an initial quote of 1700 when I inquired about my car. Then when I went to proceed with the quote (2 days later) I was told it was 980 !!!! I insisted that he reviewed the information I had given him and that he infact had the right model car etc .... yep .... apparently 980 was right.

What formula do they use to calculate these f$^%ing figures at all ? I'd be really annoyed if it work against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Try getting a quote from them through a broker or a different branch...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Got quote from quinn in september for €2700 for me on a vw caddy van. Being 23 with a claim in the last 5 years

Just as well you are not a foreign national - it would probably be 8 grand!

Story Here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1979116#post1979116

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Honestly I don't know how these people are in business at all.The most outrageous quotes i got have been from QD.

Last year they wanted 1200 compared to €790 odd for my best quote,I was convinced they had keyed in details wrong. Tried them again this year just for the craic..almost €900 compared to € 682 (Allianz) which 'seems' to be a better policy.
    Maybe its just me but I get the impression that they dont like larger(and I'm only talking 2 litre here) engines or high(ish) value cars

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IMO Quinn make most of their money from young people who think they are doing well because they can get insured for €3500 (tp/f/t)! They are thieving scum though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

kbannon wrote:
    IMO Quinn make most of their money from young people who think they are doing well because they can get insured for €3500 (tp/f/t)! They are thieving scum though!

My 2c. I drive a LHD BMW. I used their online quote engine to compare my current premium against theirs. Knocks nearly €500 off the €1650 I paid last time. Only time will tell whether my current insurer has also become cheaper. I've had full no-claims forever, so it's not like I've suddenly become a lower risk.

Sorry for anybody who's getting the nasty end of the stick, but for me, the real scumbags are the insurance companies too lazy to quote for LHD cars (I reserve a side-order of scorn for the lazy demographics that demonise anything upmarket of a Fiesta). If this price differential remains, I know where my next policy renewal is going.

Dermot

Advertisement